MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Data Analysis Officer - interim support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta, HQ.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Gather regular and ad-hoc information/data in support of operational management and reporting requirements for the implementation of the operational and technical assistance to Member States.
- Set up and regularly develop data exchange mechanisms on EUAA operational activities, including the preparation of methodological guidelines, reporting templates and data processing flows to generate standardised operational datasets.
- Liaise with relevant actors in the field (remotely and/or through in person visits) to ensure data quality with a particular emphasis on accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- Develop data analytics, reporting tools and workflows to provide an overview of EUAA operational activities in as near to real time as possible.
- Draft analytical outputs providing actionable insights to support decision-making on the planning and implementation of EUAA operational activities.
- Deliver situational awareness by performing research activities on asylum-related migration in countries receiving EUAA operational support.
- Maintain and amend timely and accurate datasets, interactive reports, and analyses related to the area of operational and technical assistance to Member States.
- Perform quantitative analysis, draft interpretations of data, and prepare reports by analysing and summarising information and trends in support of operational management and reporting requirements for the implementation of the operational and technical assistance to Member States.
- A completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- At least two years of pertinent professional experience with relevant tasks;( all task related to data collection, reporting and analysis and not be limited to such experience in the field of migration).
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative data analysis using software or programming languages such as Excel, SAS, Power BI, SPSS, JMP, VBA, Python, SQL, R, etc.
- Experience in quantitative analysis, drafting analytical reports, operational analysis, or research papers.
- Thorough Knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL)
- Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, use of internet and web-based applications.
- Bachelor’s level degree in quantitative disciplines, such as, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Informatics, etc. or Political/Social Sciences/Human Rights.
- Previous experience within an international and multicultural environment
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise work and deliver results under pressure
- Ability to manage own workload and work without close supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on multiple tasks
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assess complex data, analyse information and evaluate results
- Strong ability to listen attentively and paying full attention to details
- Strong service-oriented attitude and flexibility
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Capacity to manage and co-ordinate several processes simultaneously
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non‐technical colleagues.
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €42,853.80 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Sunday 17th of September 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications