MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Dublin and Voluntary Solidarity Mechanism (VSM) Assistant – Interim Support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta HQ.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
General tasks – Dublin
- Support the QPTS Dublin Focal Point in implementing Dublin related activities in Operations, including information materials and workshops’ preparation.
- Support the QPTS Dublin Focal Point is maintaining effective communication with C3/APS on Dublin related matters.
General tasks – VSM
- Participation in the bi-weekly coordination meeting on relocation.
- Ad hoc preparation of reports or collection of info according to requests.
- Collection of the weekly reports every Tuesday from the COs and preparation of the VSM Relocation report.
- Sending of 2 emails to share the VSM Relocation report every Wednesday:
1 with the country operations
1 with the Commission
- Preparation of a separate email to the VSM coordination board with additional info on relocation, based on the inputs of the country operations.
- Daily monitoring of the VSM functional mailbox, answering/forwarding emails where necessary.
- Update of the Pledges Tracker uploaded in the Data Sharing Platform on a weekly basis based on the trackers shared by the country operations.
Data Sharing Platform
- Addition/removal of Data Sharing Platform users via request to the ICT and update of the related excel file where we keep track of the registered users.
- Communication with ICT in case of bugs/issues/necessary updates in the Platform.
- Demonstration sessions if necessary to new users.
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma, OR Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of at least 2 years.
- Good knowledge of the legal international & European framework regarding international protection and the Common European Asylum System.
- Demonstrated previous experience of 2 years minimum working on asylum procedure related matters, protection officer or case officer or equivalent.
- Thorough Knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL).
- Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, use of internet and web-based applications.
- University degree in relevant fields (preferably Political science, Social sciences, Social Work, Psychology, Anthropology) is required
- Good understanding of the European asylum contexts.
- Demonstrated previous minimum experience of 2 years working on asylum related matters in national asylum administration and/or International Organization and NGOs.
- Experience in coping with potentially stressful and tense situations
- International working experience
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills.
- Being able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and cultural awareness skills.
- Ability to work in different settings with capability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and being flexible.
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €33,475.68 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Saturday 27th of May 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications