MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are currently seeking to recruit an Asylum & Reception Project Support Officer – interim support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Contributing to the development, analysis, implementation and reporting of projects and events within the Reception and Vulnerability Sector.
- Contributing to the work of the EUAA Reception Network or Vulnerability Expert Network
- Researching in different thematic fields (Vulnerability and Reception) and cooperating with colleagues from the other EUAA Centres, Units and Sectors for the coherent implementation of relevant activities.
- Fostering the exchange of information and best practices within the framework of the CEAS through the respective networks and assisting with mapping of the different national practices in support of this objective.
- Preparing and contributing to workshops related to specific topics in the field of the respective thematic networks named above.
- Assisting in the development of methodologies and tools for EUAA support for the implementation of CEAS.
- Reporting periodically on activities of the respective networks
- Drafting working documents, including concept notes, briefing notes, speaking points, technical documents, reports, monitoring and reporting on indicators, etc.
- Where needed, participating in external meetings and conferences and activities in the field of Reception and Vulnerability.
- Perform any other task as required by the Head Sector within the Reception and Vulnerability Sector.
- At least two years of proven professional, relevant knowledge and experience in a position related to the aforementioned duties.
- Proven experience in supporting project management and event organisation.
- Experience in drafting guidelines, standard operating procedures, background notes, concept notes, position papers and speaking notes.
- Experience in collecting data, overseeing the quality of work processes and deliverables, drafting progress reports, etc.
- Professional, relevant knowledge and experience in the field of asylum, vulnerability and/or the reception systems for applicants for international protection, implementing the Common European Asylum System (CEAS)
- Experience in drafting guidelines, standard operating procedures, background notes, concept notes, position papers and speaking notes
- Experience in designing surveys, collecting data, developing monitoring tools like dashboards and KPI’s, overseeing the quality of work processes and deliverables, drafting progress reports, etc;
- A level of education that corresponds to completed university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma.
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €42,853.80 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Tuesday, 11th of April 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.