MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are currently seeking to recruit a Quality Assurance Support Officer – QASO for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Ensure consistency in and quality of the processing of applications for international protection by EUAA caseworkers, in line with detailed Standard Operating Procedures and EU asylum acquis and international law of refugee protection
- Provide or contribute to trainings, workshops and meetings related to quality issues in the processing of applications for international protection
- Provide in cooperation/consultation with the Senior Manager for Protection Operations, Senior Protection Officers and other relevant officers/stakeholders, written procedural guidance to staff, such as general procedural guidance, thematic procedural guidance (such as persons with special procedural needs, SGBV, LGBTQI issues) and procedural guidance per procedure (e.g. regular, accelerated, subsequent, last-minute applications), based on national and European legislation
- Develop written guidelines e.g. SOPs, checklists, and templates that are necessary for all the steps of the asylum procedure at first instance
- Update and implement all developments in guidance, quality feedback and SOPs, timely flag shortcomings and inconsistencies and propose improvements and solutions
- Work in close cooperation, consultation with Senior Protection Officers and under the coordination of the Senior Manager for Protection Operations.
- Provide second-tier guidance to protection officers and team leaders on conducting interviews with applicants for international protection and on preparing evaluation reports on applications
- Regulate meetings between the Team Leaders and IPA representative/s to discuss both procedural and substantial issues which arise in the examination of applications for international protection.
- Review evaluation reports of caseworkers and protection officers before signature by the appointed IPA staff.
- Work in cooperation and consultation with the quality assurance staff in EUAA’s Asylum Knowledge Centre
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
Minimum Selection Criteria
- A completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Previous experience of at least 5 years as asylum caseworker is required, both in conducting interviews for refugee status determination and in preparing the respective decisions/opinions/recommendations
- Very good understanding of the Maltese migration and asylum context
- Thorough Knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL)
- Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, use of internet and web-based applications
- University degree in the field of law, political, humanitarian, and/or social studies
- Relevant post-graduate degree will be considered as an asset
- Experience in vulnerability and exclusion procedures, especially in the Maltese context, will be considered as an asset
- Past experience within the EUAA operations context as caseworker will be considered as an asset
- Excellent intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of team
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €40,963.92 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Monday 5th of December 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications