MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Caseworker for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in International Protection Agency and SAFI Barracks in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Work as a member of an international team of experts on the processing of applications for international protection, following the relevant detailed Standard Operating Procedures, national legislation and EU acquis on asylum
- Plan, prepare and conduct interviews of applicants for international protection
- Evaluate relevant COI information against legal requirements
- Assess claims and prepare opinions on applications for international protection
- Support the onboarding of new caseworkers joining the team
- Identify indicators of vulnerability and refer applicants accordingly
- Contribute to drafting guidance, quality feedback, SOPs, and other documents as per the instructions from the team-leaders
- Participate in trainings, workshops and meetings with different stakeholders when required
- Provide regular analytical reports of services provided and contribute to drafting and/or keeping accurate and timely statistics of provided services and challenges, including supporting the scheduling of activities
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Law, political science, humanitarian studies or social studies (EQF 6 or equivalent)
- 1 year of previous professional experience in the area of asylum and/or migration, preferably with regards to interviewing applicants in the context of international protection
- Proven knowledge of the Common European Asylum System through study, training or work experience
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web -based applications
- Excellent intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of team
- Ability to work under pressure and effective time management skills
- Flexibility and fast adaptability to challenges in the field
- Relevant post-graduate degree will be considered as an asset
- Experience in asylum procedure, especially in a national administration or an EUAA operation, will be considered as an asset
- Completed relevant EUAA trainings
- Experience with decision making
- Ability to understand and interpret case law judgements ruled by EU courts
- Very good understanding of the Maltese migration and asylum context
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €31,928.64 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Wednesday, 20th of July 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications