MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Vulnerability Assessor for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Support with the screening, identification and examination of vulnerable applicants, under the coordination of the EUAA Field Coordination Support Officer and Measure Coordinator, and/or the National Authority appointed staff;
- Perform preparatory work of each assigned case before the conduction of vulnerability assessments (preliminary information, COI, preparation of questions …);
- Conduct vulnerability assessments of applicants for international protection in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and EU asylum acquis and international law of refugee protection;
- Draft quality vulnerability reports, in timely manner as per the Standard Operating Procedures;
- Record data and provide regular statistical reports on vulnerable cases as per operating procedures;
- Coordinate with the Quality Assurance Support Officer (Vulnerability) to guarantee quality standards of assessments and reports;
- Coordinate with the Field Coordination Support Officer about the personal and team’s monitoring and productivity;
- Coordinate with the Flow Manager Support Officer in relation to weekly schedule of assessments;
- Liaise with interpreters on the field;
- Act as VA focal point in reception centres on a rotation basis when required, ensuring to liaise with the centre coordinators in relation to applicants, and to prepare invitation letters for applicants ahead of their VA assessment;
- Assist with the preparation and update of relevant workflows, tools, procedures, reports on vulnerability;
- Participate to meetings organised by the measure coordinator, the field coordinator and/or the vulnerability team;
- Attend individual and group supervision and training sessions;
- Contribute towards the ongoing learning and professional development of the team;
- Keep up to date with the latest projects and initiatives undertaken by national authorities in the field of vulnerability and special needs;
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile.
- University degree in relevant fields (preferably Political science, Social sciences, Social Work, Psychology, Anthropology) is required
- Good knowledge of the legal international & European framework regarding international protection and the Common European Asylum System
- Demonstrated previous experience of 1 year minimum working with vulnerable groups, as a vulnerability assessor, social worker, protection officer or case officer or equivalent
- Demonstrated previous minimum experience of 2 years working with vulnerable groups, preferably in the context of asylum and/or migration;
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills
- Being able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication and cultural awareness skills
- Ability to work in different settings with capability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and being flexible
- Computer literacy, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web-based applications.
- Good understanding of the Maltese asylum and reception contexts and of the local services provision available (health care, employment seeking services, etc)
- Previous direct experience with asylum seekers belonging to vulnerable groups
- Experience in coping with potentially stressful and tense situations
- International experience is advantageous.
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €31,928.64 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Tuesday, 07th of June 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications