MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Country of Origin Information (COI) Research Officer for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Supporting the EU Operations Sector in standardising high-quality COI to support the asylum decision process
- Supporting in strengthening the role of the COI towards an efficient and effective backlog reduction at first instance
- Responding to COI Queries from EUAA Operations according to pre-defined working instructions, and EUAA COI methodology (conduct COI research, compile COI, draft responses to COI queries)
- Supporting in training/coaching of EU Operations Sector and EUAA caseworkers in conducting COI research
- Compiling and keeping up-to-date COI Links Lists per specific profiles/countries of origin
- Maintaining a COI Queries logbook (incoming/outgoing queries)
- Assist in any other COI-related tasks, as needed
- University degree is required, preferably in the field of law, political, humanitarian, social studies
- Experience in social research and/or research on third country conditions (human rights, political, socio-economic situation);
- Experience in conducting Country of Origin Information research in the asylum context
- Excellent knowledge of COI methodologies and databases
- Experience in drafting and editing papers and reports
- Excellent written and oral command of English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite
- Analytical skills and ability to assess data and analyse information
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish multiple tasks
- Good communication skills and well developed interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Professional experience in working in an international environment
- Working time flexibility
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €40,873.56 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Wednesday 18th of May 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications