MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Quality Control Support Officer for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in the Maltese Agency for the Welfare of Asylum Seekers HQ - AWAS, Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
Under EUAA’s coordination, the Quality Control Support Officer supports the Maltese Agency for the Welfare of Asylum Seekers (AWAS) and its newly created Quality Assurance in Reception Unit. The position is based in Malta, in AWAS HQ and in open reception centers.
Main tasks foreseen include:
- Support AWAS Quality Assurance unit with developing and adjusting the quality assurance in reception framework within AWAS
- Conduct desk review to further develop and enhance AWAS’ strategy and objectives of quality assurance in reception
- Support in preparing and customizing the EUAA ARC (Assessment of Reception Conditions) tool for the Maltese context
- Support in developing and creating various tools, including self-assessment, survey and internal audit related tools, among others
- Development or update of written guidelines e.g. SOPs, checklists, and templates that are necessary
- Implement all developments in guidance, quality feedback and SOPs, timely flag shortcomings and inconsistencies and propose improvements and solutions
- Rolling out of the ARC tool, internal survey and audits among others to the beneficiaries and AWAS
- Strong ability to collect and analyse data collected, ensure consistency, harmonization and quality of the processing of data and feedback
- Promote quality service, the Agency’s vision and values, in line with EU Acquis and the CEAS
- Keep up to-date and research on topics related to quality assurance in reception
- Assist and follow up on the induction of newcomers to ensure their integration in the team
- Provide or contribute in trainings, workshops and meetings related to quality assurance in reception if required
- Participate to meetings organised by the EUAA Measure Coordinator on a regular basis or EUAA Field Coordination support officer
- Attend meetings with the National Reception authority to discuss challenges and/or results Quality assurance in reception activities
- Perform all tasks in cooperation with other AWAS Quality Assurance Unit Leader and with the Quality Control Support Officer
- Under the EUAA Measure Coordinator’s supervision, cooperate with other EUAA Centres/Units and facilitate possible exchanges with other Member States on the topic of Quality Assurance of Reception
- Report on a regular basis as per EUAA reporting systems
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary or as assigned by the Field Coordination Support Officer and by the Measure Coordinator.
- Post graduate university degree in law, social science, public administration or similar
- Minimum 3 years of experience in first line activities in reception centres for applicants for international protection
- Good knowledge of the legal international & European framework regarding international protection and the Common European Asylum System
- Excellent analytical skills, drafting and reporting skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Good intercultural communication skills and organisational skills
- Being flexible and able to work in different settings with capability to work in multi-disciplinary teams in a multi-cultural environment
- Previous working experiences in drafting and/or running surveys, questionnaires, focus groups
- Experience in leading a small team or managing projects
- A pro-active and team-motivating approach
- Being able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Experience in working under pressure by keeping strict deadlines and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, coupled with organisation and planning skills and a high problem-solving ability
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (word, excel), use of internet and web based applications
- Working knowledge of Maltese language
- Previous experience in coaching staff
- Previous working experiences in developing tools and templates
- Good knowledge of the Maltese Migration context
- International working experience
- Very good knowledge of excel and other statistical programs
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €40,873.56 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Wednesday 18th of May 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications