Are you passionate about promoting health? Are you an EU nerd? Are you proactive, solution-driven, willing to take the extra mile and eager to help us grow the business by delivering excellent service to our clients? Do you want to be part of an amazing team?
Then this opportunity is perfect for you!
At Acumen we have built a culture to meaningfully shape policy and deliver impact that lasts. We bring more than experienced counsel and a winning record to the table. We pride ourselves in being the kind of advisers clients want at their side during their most complex, difficult decisions. We delight in what we do and look after our clients.
We are always looking for talent to contribute to our purpose. And as our people can attest and the awards show, we are a great and a meaningful place to work.
What we are looking for:
We are currently looking for a Trainee Consultant to join our EU Health Team. The role includes daily monitoring of various issues (legislative and non-legislative), conducting background research, drafting newsletters and policy briefings and providing overall support to more senior staff members.
• EU national or work permit holder as the traineeship is in Brussels, Belgium
• A previous traineeship in the health and/ or pharmaceutical sectors. Candidates without experience in these sectors will not be considered
• Perfect command of English; additional language skills an asset
• Strong planning skills
• Advanced research and writing skills, including the ability to summarise issues quickly and accurately
• Ability to work in a team, whilst at the same time carrying out own tasks independently and to agreed deadlines
• Flexibility, enthusiasm, ability to work under tight deadlines in an international environment
• Proficient with IT and new media tools
• Previous experience/traineeship in one of the European Institutions – especially in DG SANTE or working for MEPs in the Parliament’s ENVI Committee
• Good, demonstrated command of social media – experience in organising social media campaigns
What we offer:
• A six-month paid traineeship, with opportunities for a long-term contract after the traineeship
• A fantastic work environment
• Training opportunities
• Opportunities to broaden your network, expand your knowledge and expertise in the EU health field and fast-track your career
Starting date: ASAP
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of topics and assignments and get client exposure.
To apply for this position, please submit your application on-line: https://acumenpa.com/internships/trainee-consultant-eu-health-team/
Candidates who have a profile matching what we are looking for will then be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Acumen Team
Not quite the job you are looking for? Take a look at our website for other opportunities:
acumen public affairs