MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire an Internal Control and Ex-post Controls Officer for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Malta HQ.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and monitoring of Internal Control Framework (ICF) processes and procedures in line with EUAA regulatory framework and its effective application;
- Contribute to the ongoing assessment of the internal control systems and proactively identify potential improvements and corrective actions;
- Elaborate and efficiently implement the ex-post controls programme by contributing to the planning, performance, follow-up and reporting of ex-post controls in EUAA Headquarters and Operational Offices;
- Contribute to the programming, quality check and follow-up of the ex-post controls subcontracted to external contractors;
- Contribute to the annual risk assessment exercise and other risk assessments, e.g. those related to updating the EUAA’s Business Continuity Plan or the fraud risk assessment for ensuring effective implementation of the Anti-Fraud Strategy;
- Support communication with the control bodies. Particularly, coordination of audit missions of internal and external auditors and ensuring monitoring of implementation of relevant action plans;
- Support the monitoring of Risk Register, Register of Exceptions, Register of Internal Control deficiencies;
- Contribute to the preparation of documents for the senior management and the Management Board (policies, briefing notes, procedures, etc.) as well as draft replies to requests by the European Court of Auditors, Internal Audit Service or independent financial auditors;
- Perform any other tasks as required upon requests of the Head of Internal Control and Risk Management Sector (Internal Control Coordinator) and/or the Head of Department.
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €40,410.12 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Monday, 17th of January 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.