The EFA Events and Programme Officer will assist with organising and delivering EFA projects and events, such as conferences, workshops, webinars, EU policy meetings, membership meetings, world awareness days, and participation in seminars scientific congresses. The Events and Programme Officer will report to EFA Programme Manager. From a patient perspective, they will work closely with other team members on a wide range of topics, including healthcare, environment, and research.
The main tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- To support, and eventually lead, the design and organisation of EFA digital, hybrid and in-person events (when events in person are possible). Including event planning, risk assessment, execution, event budget management, search and secure venues, and evaluation;
- To help develop events strategy for EFA to support innovative and engaging events for our members and target audiences, to support EFA in delivering projects and programs to fulfil our mission and outreach;
- To work across our teams and support the policy, projects, and leadership teams in developing event programmes, including securing speakers and attendees and providing briefings and logistics support;
- To support the communication and promotion of EFA events through Custom Relation Management System (CRM) and marketing campaigns, including social media posts and newsletter articles;
- To manage events onsite or online, through digital platforms and settings, including setup and coordination;
- To complete post-event tasks such as reports and evaluations, including surveys, events minutes, blogs, and follow up actions;
- To support the leadership in daily tasks to implement EFA Programme;
- To assist the office on everyday tasks.
Candidates should have the following obligatory experience and skills:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in digital/in-person event planning and management (please include your track record of organising events as an annex to your application);
- Experience in organising digital events and managing online platforms such as Open Broadcaster Software or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including budgets;
- Ability to focus on finding solutions and not problems;
- Excellent organisational skills, with experience in managing multiple tasks and prioritising effectively;
- Willingness to work in a small and highly international team;
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability to adjust to constantly changing situations;
- Proficiency in English, written and orally, including good editorial and writing skills;
- Communication skills: basic knowledge of the functioning of CRMs, digital tools and social media;
- Computer literacy with knowledge of MS Teams and a strong understanding of information technology monitoring the latest IT developments in event management;
- Ability to edit videos from online and hybrid events;
- Availability for occasional travel, when this is an option.
The below desirable requirements are a plus:
- University studies in Business Management, Marketing, Communications or similar or equivalent experience;
- Ability to produce high-quality digital content such as graphics and videos;
- Experience in editing videos with Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator or equivalent;
- Previous experience in a European membership or affiliate-based non-profit organisation and engaging members, whether individuals or organisations, at the national level;
- Advanced IT Skills: Knowledge of MS Dynamics, Teams and Sharepoint;
- Experience in partnership management;
- Experience in office management/coordination and administrative tasks;
- Interest in allergy and respiratory diseases, patient-centred healthcare, system change, prevention and patients’ representation;
- Knowledge of EU affairs and healthcare;
- Fluency in several EFA members’ languages;
- Experience in voluntary work.
The Events and Programme Officer will initially receive a 1-year Belgium standard contract, including benefits; 13th month/bonus, lunch vouchers, monthly public transport pass for Brussels, pension scheme, hospitalisation insurance, and a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience. Extra time due to travel or busy periods will be compensated by equivalent time off.
Please apply by sending an e-mail with the subject line “EFA Events and Programme Officer” including your CV and a cover letter as a single pdf document, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 December 2021.
Successful pre-screening candidates will be invited for an interview in the week of 13 December. Please find more information on www.efanet.org and follow us on social media. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that due to a large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
this job offer is not open for applications