EFA - European Federation of Allergy and Airways Diseases Patients’ Associations Is looking for a full-time (100%) Communications and Policy Officer (m/x/f) to start in September.
EFA (www.efanet.org) is a vibrant alliance of European patients’ organisations representing people with allergy, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) at European level. EFA is dedicated to making Europe a place where people with these diseases have the right to best quality of care and safe environment, live uncompromised lives and are actively involved in all decisions influencing their health.
As EFA Communications and Policy Officer, you will work closely with EFA Director of Policy and Communications in implementing and planning our operational and project programmes as far as communications is concerned. You implement EFA’s communication policy and dissemination strategy and systems and you are-responsible for raising awareness of and commitment to EFA’s work and influence amongst our members and external stakeholders. You will also work closely with EFA Policy Advisor on EU policies affecting patients with allergy, asthma and COPD.
Your main tasks are:
- To support in developing policy documents advocating on the needs of asthma, allergy and COPD patients in Europe;
- To develop and implement EFA’s communication, dissemination and social media strategies;
- To create, edit and manage EFA’s communication tools in cooperation with secretariat colleagues, including but not limited to EFA newsletter, social media and marketing tools, EFA publications, website and its content, power-point presentations for colleagues and board members;
- To support EFA’s campaign work with effective communications plans, tools and actions;
- To ensure consistent implementation of EFA branding;
- To organise and manage EFA’s information resources;
- To support in pro-active press & media outreach at both European level and in member countries with tools to EFA members to cascade EFA message.
As part of a small team, you will work closely on a wide range of topics including environment, healthcare and research, from patient perspective.
You should have the following experience and qualities:
- minimum 2 years’ experience working on communication, experience in policy positions are an advantage;
- interest in health policy and representing patients;
- ability to communicate well in writing and orally & work effectively in English (additional languages are a plus);
- solid experience copy reading, drafting publications, articles, brochures, liaising with designers, printers, webhosts;
- comprehensive knowledge of communications tools (Joomla obligatory) and techniques (CRMs), and computer literacy (word, excel, power-point, desk top publishing);
- knowledge of press and publicity work;
- strong proof reading and editing skills as well as strong public speaking skills;
- ability to manage a complex workload and to plan and prioritise;
- analytical skills and an ability to analyse and process information on a range of issues including healthcare, environment and research to diverse audiences;
- willingness to work in a small international team;
- availability for occasional evening work and travel.
- experience and/or knowledge in EU policy;
- experience in the NGO field;
- knowledge of health issues & patient rights;
- fluency in several EFA languages.
The contract will be a Belgium standard contract, including benefits, for a duration of 1 year. Please apply by sending your CV, together with a cover letter and reference ‘EFA Communications and Policy Officer’ by 26th of July 2029, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, EFA, 35, rue du Congrès, B-1000 Brussels. Successful pre-screening candidates will be invited for an interview end-July.