MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Registration Support for the European Asylum Support Office to be based to Malta Operations.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Support the processing of international protection applications by third country nationals, and follow certain tasks related to the relevant detailed guidelines / Standard Operating Procedures
- Support the Front Desk daily activity at Malta’s International Protection Agency
- Perform quality control in relation to registration of the applications for international protection
- Fill in the referral template and send it to the focal point in the team for all cases where there are vulnerability indicators
- Implement data entry/registration of asylum claims into the relevant national databases
- Manage documents/Scan/Archive
- Upload scanned documents on the relevant national databases
- When appointed, support the planning of registrations and interviews and act as focal point and liaison for registrations and overall planning of registration interviews
- Support coordination team, supervision and reporting tasks concerning the implementation of registrations
- Support the trainings of newcomers and participate in efforts to regularly improve the overall quality of EASO registration support activities
- Support the voluntary relocation related processes
- Provide regular analytical and statistical feedback on provided services and challenges
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant to the specific profile.
- Law degree or degree in International Relations, International Law, Political or Social is advantageous
- Good understanding of the migration and asylum context
- Knowledge of the Common European Asylum System
- Demonstrated previous legal or research experience in relevant tasks will be an advantage.
- Ability to deal with preparation of relevant files, presenting facts, researching Country of Origin Information and prioritising
- Proficient use of English
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), excellent use of internet and particularly web-based applications and search engines
- Flexibility and fast adaptability to challenges in the field
- Excellent intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills.
The position falls in hierarchical Category II and the associated salary is € 24,656.04 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Tuesday, 2nd of November 2021.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.