CNUE - Council of the Notariats of the European Union
The Council of the Notariats of the European Union (CNUE), the official body representing the notarial profession in dealings with the European institutions, is seeking an experienced Language expert (FR/EN) for the position of in-house linguist.
The in-house linguist has a key role to play for the organization’s internal and external communication by facilitating dialogue and mutual understanding in an international association of legal professionals. Likewise, the language expert shapes the final and official form of the documents presented to the stakeholders, the members and the public in both CNUE official languages: English and French.
The in-house linguist will fulfill the following linguistic tasks from French into English and vice-versa:
- Interpretation (simultaneous and/or consecutive) for various online and face-to-face meetings, including supporting the President and other delegates during official meetings;
- Proofreading of texts produced by the CNUE team members and of translations completed by specialized software;
- Translation of CNUE documents including with the use of specialized software.
The terminology used in the meetings and in the texts to be translated/proofread, such as speeches, policy papers, analytical documents or other documents in preparation of the CNUE meetings contain in most cases legal terminology.
- Degree or diploma in Interpreting - Translation, Languages: French-English;
- At least 3 years of proven experience of professional interpretation and translation/proofreading;
- Proficiency in English and French (native level or similar) with excellent language skills;
- Exceptional knowledge of spelling and grammar norms and style in the target languages;
- Accurate understanding of the linguistic complexities of the English and French languages;
- Acquaintance with legal terminology in English and French is a major asset;
- Capable of rapidly comparing and adapting the documents and their changes from one language to another;
- Knowledge of other EU official languages could be an advantage;
- Acquainted with the use of specialized translation software;
- Advanced research skills for checking terms and finding reputable terminology sources, including digital - methodical use of reference material, glossaries and style guides;
- Strong attention to detail and a high sense of prioritising among multiple tasks is a must;
- Excellent user of MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Commitment to delivering high quality, professional texts including under tight deadlines;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Ability to multitask and to adapt to new challenges;
- Adaptable, spontaneous, communicative, motivated, willing and able to integrate in a dynamic multicultural team and to support its work of international nature implying often contacts and meetings with people from various environments, support in organising events, etc.
- One-year full-time contract with possibility of extension to a Belgian open-ended contract;
- A competitive salary commensurate with the experience and multiple advantages;
- A stimulating multicultural European environment with excellent working conditions;
- A dynamic European team.
Deadline for applications: 25 October 2021
Send CV, covering letter and salary expectations by email to email@example.com.
this job offer is not open for applications