The Centre on Regulation in Europe (CERRE) – the think tank promoting better regulation in network and digital industries – is growing. We are looking for a dynamic, proactive and creative senior executive who will be responsible for all our activities in the digital, telecoms and media sectors.
Reporting to the Director General, our new colleague will:
- Work with our members and academic team to design and fund a work programme in the digital, telecoms and media sector, including research projects, policy papers, events and other activities that bring incisive policy recommendations for on-going debates and help set the future agenda;
- Direct and deliver that programme by working closely with colleagues on event, project and communications management;
- Strengthen CERRE’s position and make us an indispensable voice in policymaking and regulation;
- Help us deliver more value to our members, by meeting their needs while maintaining our independence;
- Recruit new members to join CERRE’s work;
- Have an active role within CERRE’s leadership team and help advance CERRE’s overall strategy and activities.
The ideal candidate:
- Has more than 8 years’ experience in public affairs linked to digital, telecoms and media policy issues;
- Possesses excellent knowledge of the European policy process, its key players and the topics driving the digital agenda;
- Can deliver outstanding results – in programme management, in shaping European policy, in membership development and/or in managing a business unit;
- Enjoys writing new content and developing innovative ideas (ability to promote and communicate content through social media is a significant advantage);
- Is an excellent communicator, equally at ease in dealing with senior executives from our members, with policymakers of all levels, and with our academic team and the wider policymaking community;
- Can maintain and develop a personal network of contacts within the EU institutions;
- Will be an enthusiastic colleague, setting high standards for his/her own work, helping others meet their objectives and always focused on finding a solution;
- Is fluent in written and spoken English (other languages always a plus).
The position is based in Brussels (Avenue Louise/Bois de la Cambre) and a competitive package is on offer to the right candidate, who is ideally able to start as soon as possible.
To apply for this position, send your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Head of Digital Programme [Name of the applicant]’ in the subject line before 30 November 2019.
The Centre on Regulation in Europe (CERRE) helps deliver better European regulation across the digital, telecoms, media, energy and mobility sectors. The independence of our work makes us a trusted partner for policymakers at European and national levels, while our 50+ members include major operators and regulators from across these industries.
this job offer is not open for applications