The junior manager will report to the Executive Director Public Affairs (and support the overall team), providing assistance in advocacy on a variety of topics and coordinating the administrative work of the Public Affairs team. In time, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead on legislative dossiers relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
Under supervision of the teams Executive Director and in collaboration with EFPIA Secretariat colleagues, the junior manager will:
- Monitor activities in health policy at EU level
- Answer queries related to the institutions and the dossiers that Public Affairs is working on from colleagues and the EFPIA membership
- Manage the Public Affairs agenda & logistics as well as set up meetings with policy makers and other stakeholders
- Update the internal Public Affairs databases and contact lists
- Take minutes at meetings
- Minimum 3 years working experience in EU Public Affairs. A health policy background is preferable though not essential
- In-depth knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions and of legislative procedures
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of MS Office software package
- Open and positive mindset and able to easily establish contacts through networking
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and respect deadlines
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- A temporary contract until end December 2021 to start as soon as possible
- Interested candidates should send their letter of interest and CV, or address any question on the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application should consist of:
- Cover letter max half of a page
- A 1-pager outlining the three most important topics to the pharmaceutical sector today.