About the role
The ECF’s strategic communications team is the outreach unit of the foundation. Its role is to act as a centre of expertise for communication on climate change and to play an active role in helping create more political, media and public endorsement for action on climate change at an international, national and sectoral level. Team members deliver strategic advice, communications and outreach support to ECF’s programmes and its grantees, and work as part of an international network of communications experts to enhance the public debate on climate change and its solutions more broadly.
As Junior Operations Associate, Strategic Communications you will be an essential part of the Operations team and will report to the Senior Operations Associate, Strategic Communications. You will have exposure to a wide range of operational tasks, gaining hands-on experience in managing operations for a large and complex unit. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a strong affinity for organising, administration and “making things work”, who is keen to work in a growing international team and a mission-driven organisation.
As part of the operations unit, you will contribute to the smooth functioning of the unit through a variety of tasks:
- Acting as the primary contact person for team members and external partners on day- to-day operational questions and communicating operational processes;
- Assisting with the generation and processing of contracts and grant agreements in ECF’s internal IT system;
- Supporting procurement processes including reviewing and analyzing offers and contracts, communications with external suppliers and maintaining updated records;
- Preparing, organising and managing internal documents as well as presentation materials;
- Handling office management-related tasks in liaison with ECF office managers;
- Handling event management for virtual and/or international in-person meetings including logistics, internal and external communication, supplier management, etc.;
- Resolving basic IT queries from the team (e.g. resetting passwords, managing email addresses) and leading new joiners’ induction meetings on digital tools;
- Supporting other operations tasks as needed.
Experience and competencies
- At least 1-2 years of relevant work experience in an international work environment and a passion for organising, problem-solving and supporting others;
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize between multiple tasks;
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to “connect the dots”;
- Strong administrative and IT skills: experienced user of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, familiar with cloud-based collaboration tools (e.g. SharePoint, GoogleDrive, Asana, Trello);
- Fast learner with a can-do attitude, solutions-oriented and comfortable to work in a dynamic international environment;
- Discretion, and the ability to work with sensitive, confidential information;
- An impeccable work ethic, an enthusiastic personality and a sense of humour;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English, other languages a plus;
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust community of peers;
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, Slack, etc.;
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- On-the-job mentoring and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full-time position with a 12-month fixed term contract (with possibility to extend).
Brussels or The Hague. Occasional remote working can be an option for the right candidate.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for work permits. Only candidates with the right to work in their location will be considered.
As soon as possible.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and a short cover letter - a maximum of two pages each - here: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/junior_operations_associate_strategic_co mmunications_13360/en/.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.
this job offer is not open for applications