MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Vulnerability Assessor for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Support with the screening, identification and examination of vulnerable cases, under the coordination of Measure Coordinator and/or the National Authority appointed staff;
- Prepare the vulnerability interview (methods of interview depending on the vulnerability, questions, issues of concern etc) of each assigned case;
- Coordinate with the Field Coordination Support Officer about the personal and team’s monitoring and productivity in the context of backlog management;
- Coordinate with the Quality Assurance Support Officer to guarantee quality standards of assessments and reports;
- Act as a liaison among all actors involved in the assessment, handling and referral of vulnerable cases in the context of the asylum determination procedure;
- Assist with the preparation of relevant workflows, procedures, reports on vulnerability;
- Participate in meetings and supervision sessions;
- Provide regular analytical and statistical reports of provided services and challenges;
- Monitor and provide regular statistical reports on vulnerable cases;
- Contribute towards the ongoing learning and professional development;
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile.
- University degree in relevant fields (preferably Political science, Law, Social sciences) is required;
- Demonstrated experience of minimum 1 year as case officer and/or vulnerability assessor;
- Demonstrated previous minimum experience of 2 years working with vulnerable groups, preferably in the context of asylum and/or migration;
- Very good understanding of the Maltese asylum, migration and reception context will be considered as an advantage;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required;
- Computer literacy, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web-based applications;
- Analytical skills and strong ability to work as a team member;
- Very good intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills.
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €30,453.48 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Saturday, 24th of April 2021.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications