Do you have background/experience in agronomy, food science, EU law or International Policies? Are you keen on gaining valuable experience in the area of public affairs and work for an innovative & growing sector at European level?
The International Platform of Insects for Food & Feed (IPIFF) is seeking to recruit an EU Regulatory Affairs Manager to reinforce its Secretariat in Brussels (the selected candidate should start as from early 2021).
IPIFF is a non-governmental organisation set up to represent the insect production sector at EU level. Its membership includes 66 members, representing insect producing companies and research centres specialized in insect production for food and/or feed applications. IPIFF 's mission is to promote the use of insects & insect derived products as top tier source of nutrients for human consumption & animal feed.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of IPIFF advocacy activities and projects in the areas of EU food & feed polices and/or legislation;
- In collaboration with other staff members, coordinate the activities of Members’ Working Groups or ‘internal platforms’ focusing on the above subjects;
- Produce position papers, fact sheets and/or other relevant policy instruments;
- Monitor European Policy and regulatory developments, including through attendance to external events, that are relevant for the association;
- Contribute to the IPIFF external and internal communication activities (e.g. support on the drafting of press releases or other communication tools);
- Execute other tasks in support of the day to day management of the Secretariat.
Education & skills:
- University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) in food science, agronomy, veterinary/entomology fields, law, economics, political science or related disciplines;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the EU institutions and of their work;
- A native English speaker or equivalent level, both written and spoken. Fluency in other European Union languages (e.g. German and/or Dutch) is an advantage;
- Self-starter with a capacity to develop within a fast-paced working environment;
- Highly organised, with an aptitude in planning effectively to meet deadlines and an ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time;
- High degree of attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in EU public affairs, preferably acquired within the EU institutions, trade associations or NGOs;
- Proven professional experience in positions with tasks closely related to the ones described above is a strong asset;
- Interest in and/or previous knowledge of EU policies and/or EU agri-food policies and/or legislations is also an advantage.
What we offer:
- A full-time (38 hours per week) role, unlimited period contract under Belgian law (a valid EU working permit is required);
- Attractive remuneration package (including fringe benefits according to Belgian standards) in accordance with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application (CV + motivation letter in English) to Mr Christophe Derrien by e-mail (please use the following email address Christophe.email@example.com) by 7 December 2020.
Supporting information such as recommendation letters, writing samples, and online information about previous assignments are welcome.
Interviews will be organized during the last week of November and during the first half of December. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.