The European Policy Centre (EPC) is looking for a Programme Assistant (paid internship level), based in Brussels, to join its Social Europe & Well-being (SEWB) Programme, for a period of six months (with the possibility of a maximum 6-month extension), starting as soon as possible.
The successful candidate should have a solid academic background, a good understanding of EU institutions, basic knowledge of EU health and social policies and interest to work in supporting activities (i.e. organising events and carrying out some background research).
The candidate should have the following profile:
- University degree (Bachelor and/or Master) in a relevant subject,
- Previous relevant experience (internship would suffice) in organising events,
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written),
- Some experience in research,
- Strong interest in European affairs,
- Good organisational and time management skills,
- Self-disciplined, able to work both independently and in a multinational team,
- Dynamic, flexible, reliable and attentive to detail,
- Fluency in English (oral and written); additional languages a plus.
The main duties are:
- Supporting the analysts in organising events (drafting event proposals, invitations and programmes, liaising with speakers and partners, assisting during the events)
- Carrying out background research