Landmark Public Affairs is seeking a highly qualified and talented individual with direct experience of sustainability policy to join our public affairs team in Brussels. Landmark is a dynamic public affairs consultancy with a diverse client portfolio including blue-chip FMCG corporations and trade associations.
You will contribute to all the activities of a dynamic public affairs consultancy by:
- Monitoring EU developments and media trends;
- Delivering up-to-date intelligence;
- Undertaking research work and drafting policy briefs;
- Liaising with European institutions and other organisations;
- Attending virtual – and hopefully real-life – events (EP committee meetings, Commission conferences...) and reporting back;
- Contributing to the team’s client-facing work – from input into strategic advice to direct contact with decision-makers;
- Delivering clear, precise and client-driven analysis and advice;
- Policy and media research will be a key part of your daily work.
You can expect:
- Challenging assignments on topical political issues;
- A focus on in-depth understanding of issues and intelligent strategic advice;
- Integration into a dynamic motivated team;
- A non-hierarchical, friendly working environment within an effectively managed structure;
- Competitive remuneration with additional benefits;
- You will focus mainly, but not exclusively, on sustainability issues, and the level of responsibility, job title and remuneration will depend on your previous experience.
You must have:
- An undergraduate degree in law, economics, European studies, or a similar relevant discipline, with an excellent academic track record;
- A postgraduate qualification which is relevant to either European public affairs or sustainability policy;
- Relevant previous experience of between 6 months and 4 years in one of the EU institutions, government or the UN system; a public affairs or sustainability consultancy; the public affairs team of a company; or a relevant think-tank, trade body or non-governmental organisation;
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in sustainability policy issues gained directly through your work experience to date, with the willingness and ability to adapt to working on other subjects;
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships both as part of the Landmark team and with clients;
- Enthusiasm, a focus on the client, a dynamic, quick-thinking approach to work, a good eye for detail and strong analytical skills;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Fluent spoken and written English, and fluency in at least one other EU language;
- Strong IT skills including very good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Social media literacy.
- Terms: 6 month fixed-term contract initially, leading to an open-ended contract subject to performance;
- Location: Brussels, with the possibility of working from home in Belgium in light of restrictions;
- Right to work requirements: Applicants must already be eligible to work in Belgium;
- Interns: If you are interested in the position as an intern, please note that we seek a 6-month minimum commitment and the role is not suitable for integration into a programme of study;
- Application: Please send your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We particularly welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic candidates;
- Deadline: The final deadline for application is 19/10/2020. Please note that we will assess applications on a rolling basis as they are submitted, so we advise you to apply early.
this job offer is not open for applications