Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 37 member bodies — the national insurance associations — Insurance Europe represents all types of insurance and reinsurance undertakings, eg pan-European companies, monoliners, mutuals and SMEs. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers pay out almost €1 100bn annually — or €2.9bn a day — in claims, directly employ over 900 000 people and invest nearly €10 200bn in the economy.
For our conduct of business department, we are looking for a (m/f) Policy advisor conduct of business
- Identifies, monitors, analyses and advises on a wide range of legal and consumer-related EU initiatives relevant for the European insurance industry. Files under responsibility currently include data protection (eg GDPR and ePrivacy), new technologies and digitalisation (eg big data analytics), as well as social affairs (eg European insurance social dialogue), but may vary over time.
- Synthesizes Insurance Europe’s members’ feedback, negotiate and draft common positions reflecting the European industry views, coordinates and conveys these views to EU institutions and stakeholders.
- Provides thorough analysis of developments and their impact on the industry and the position of Insurance Europe.
- Advises, supports and reports to Insurance Europe’s project groups and committees, in particular the conduct of business committee, and coordinates with other relevant groups and committees.
- Coordinates positions and actions with Insurance Europe’s members and provides them with services, for example is a point of contact for the members, informs about legislative developments and the sector position.
- Contributes to the development of Insurance Europe’s publications, position papers, briefings, newsletters, etc.
- Contributes to studies in order to help formulate proposals for regulation or legislation. Contributes to the development of Insurance Europe’s advocacy strategy.
- Organises and assumes responsibility for contacts and coordination with external stakeholders, eg the relevant EU institutions and authorities, as well as other public or private organisations.
- Represents and promotes the policy messages of the European insurance industry at seminars, conferences and external meetings across Europe.
- Advises and coordinates closely with and reports directly to the head of conduct of business.
- Education in European law as well as a good knowledge of the European decision-making process and, ideally, of the European data protection framework.
- Very good analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback.
- Highly developed team spirit, sense of responsibility, ability to take initiatives and be proactive.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to plan and meet deadlines, capacity to identify key issues and prioritise.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to tailor messages to different audiences and to speak in public.
- Experience in building consensus views amongst stakeholders.
- Experience within an international and multi-cultural environment is advantageous.
We offer you a challenging and exciting position (permanent contract). You will work in a stimulating international environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development. You will have the possibility to participate in projects that will influence the European insurance industry in the coming years.
Please address application letters and curriculum vitae to Insurance Europe, Rue Montoyer 51, 1000 Brussels for the attention of Koen Ameye (e-mail: email@example.com).