GIRP, the European Healthcare Distribution Association, is the umbrella organisation of pharmaceutical full-line wholesalers and healthcare distributors in Europe.
GIRP is currently looking to recruit an Association Affairs Executive, for a full-time position based in the GIRP office in Brussels. GIRP is particularly interested in receiving applications from professionals with around 3 years prior working experience in a similar position showing a high-level of commitment, attention to detail, stress-resistance, flexibility and maturity in their work. The individual must be able to work independently, be proactive and work as part of a dynamic team. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate should be prepared to start as soon as possible, but at the latest November 2020.
Duties will cover aspects ranging from administration to policy development. Specific duties may include (depending on profile of selected candidate):
- Providing general assistance to the members of the association (dealing with requests) and responding to external requests for information;
- Administering the General Assembly, Managing Board and Board, and various Committee meetings of the association (agendas, meeting documents, presentations, minutes, etc.);
- Screening and reporting on developments in the European and global pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical full-line wholesaling sectors;
- Responsible for providing regulatory updates on legal issues related to EU and national healthcare sectors;
- Preparation of documentation related to the operation of the association (drafting position papers, letters and other materials);
- Administering the preparation of external meetings for the officers of the association;
- Preparation of presentations for the officers of association presenting at conferences;
- Drafting and preparing of external communication materials for the Association (including but not limited to brochures, promotional materials, annual report, reports, position papers, newsletters, letters, briefings and other materials);
- Recruitment of new members and relationship management with existing members;
- In charge of media relations;
- Extensive proof reading of documents;
- Website updates – loading of documentation;
- Other ad-hoc duties related to the effective functioning of the secretariat of the association.
The successful candidate will have proven during the recruitment phase that s/he is able to carry out administrative tasks and duties in addition to being able to actively contribute to policy developments connected with the association.
Core qualifications required:
- English mother tongue level (and ideally another major EU language at mother tongue level), other European languages which would be an asset;
- Excellent attention to detail is a fundamental requirement for the position;
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, with good negotiation and persuasion abilities;
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Proven experience in MS Office (with particularly strong skills in PowerPoint and Excel);
- Excellent communications skills;
- A demonstrable interest/experience in healthcare, business and pharmaceutical issues.
Mavence is GIRP’s recruitment partner for this process. If you are interested in the role, please send your CV and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com. Please, indicate in the title of the email “GIRP – Association Affairs Executive.
this job offer is not open for applications