FIA Region I is a consumer body representing 105 Motoring and Touring Clubs and over 36 million members from across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The FIA represents the interests of our members as motorists, riders, pedestrians, and passengers. FIA Region I is working to ensure safe, affordable, clean, and efficient mobility for all. Learn more about FIA Region I’s policy priorities at: https://www.fiaregion1.com/fia/policy/
Place: FIA Region I office in Brussels, Belgium
Job duration: 6 months, full-time (agreement with the university necessary)
Start date: 01.09.2020
Deadline for applications: 17.07.2020
Assist the policy team with research and general administrative support, focusing on transport and mobility issues.
Under the supervision of the Policy Director, the Policy Intern will:
- Research and write web content on a broad range of issues
- Contribute to FIA Region I’s weekly newsletter
- Follow hearings, legislative activities and scientific and policy briefings, and share observations with staff, verbally or in writing
- Assist staff in monitoring policy and legislative reports
- Assist with outreach, logistical preparation, and execution of FIA Region I’s internal meetings and policy events
- Identify, monitor, and report on relevant policy issues
- Help update and maintain the internal website and policy monitoring tools
- Help with policy-related administrative tasks as necessary
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in progress, in a field directly related to transport/mobility policy or public/European policy (this requirement may be waived for candidates with demonstrated skills, experience, and interest in these fields)
- Interest in transport and mobility issues, with enthusiasm for the communication of pertinent information to FIA Region I’s members, policymakers, and other interested parties
- Strong English language writing and research skills; clear and concise writing is required for newsletters, briefing write-ups, and facts sheets
- Self-starter, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks
- Open to feedback, with strong desire to develop professional skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Candidates must be currently enrolled in a higher European education institution and hold the right to work in Belgium legally.
What we offer:
- A full-time internship, 5 days a week (Monday-Friday), from 9:00-18:00
- Work experience in European Policy and advocacy, in a highly professional, membership-based international organization
- Insights to European Union research projects
- A 600 EUR stipend covering part of the living costs in Brussels
Applications including CV and cover letter shall be sent to: email@example.com by 17 July 2020 with subject line “Policy Internship Fall 2020".
By submitting your application, you agree to FIA Region I storing your personal data for the purpose and duration of this internship selection process.
this job offer is not open for applications