MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire an Administrative/Finance Assistant for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The Administrative/Finance Assistant will be supporting operational activities and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide general administrative support and assistance to the operational teams deployed in the supported Member States
- Support in administrative, financial and procurement related tasks
- Support office staff in processing all financial transactions, such as commitments, payments, recovery orders by acting as data entry agent
- Manage correspondence in the related area/s of activities and support the records management by updating and maintaining internal tools and databases
- Verify supporting documents attached to claims, invoices and requests for payments
- Provide general assistance to the Admin and Finance team in the administrative management where required
- Draft documents, templates, minutes and reports as requested
- Perform any other duties in the interest of the service
A) Eligibility criteria
Candidates will be considered eligible for selection on the basis of the following formal criteria to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- A secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience.
- Be entitled to their full rights as citizens;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on them by the laws on military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
B) Selection criteria
- University degree in Political Science, Economics, Development Studies, Business Administration and/or other relevant fields.
- Previous professional experience in relevant tasks of at least 1 year.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of both Italian and English.
- Previous experience within an international and multicultural environment
If selected for interview, candidates will also be assessed in the interview on the basis of the following criteria:
- Ability to manage own workload and work without close supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on multiple tasks;
- Strong service-oriented attitude and flexibility;
- Attention to details, confidentiality, integrity and discretion;
- Capacity to manage and co-ordinate several processes simultaneously;
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise work and deliver results under pressure;
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €31,928.64 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Thursday 12th of May 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
 Before the appointment, the successful candidate shall be asked to provide an extract from their police file.
this job offer is not open for applications