Hanover Brussels are looking for a Senior Consultant (Senior Account Manager equivalent) to join the Advocacy team and focus on our clients in the agri-food or chemical space.
The successful applicant will also provide support on new business activity including identification of business opportunities, planning and execution of marketing opportunities and activities, and contributing to proposals and pitches.
With an office located in the heart of the European Quarter, Hanover Brussels work closely with businesses, trade associations, NGOs and public sector bodies to bridge the gap between their business objectives and the policy environment they operate in.
The Advocacy team is formed of public affairs specialists who have a deep knowledge of the EU and pan-European energy, environment, sustainability and chemical policy space.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success of the practice and work on an exciting portfolio of clients which include Apple, Inditex, PVH, Gas Naturally, Samsung, CLEPA.
- Conduct client and/or topic-specific analyses and draft bespoke briefings
- Provide timely and relevant support in advising key clients and prospective clients, informed by sector knowledge and broad intelligence-gathering on policy developments
- Develop close client relationships and support day-to-day contact with the clients related to the execution of advocacy and communication campaigns
- Oversee the work of junior colleagues and ensure timely deliverables to the client
- Participate and contribute to client meetings and internal account management meetings supporting the team leads in reviewing progress, monitoring capacity and allocating tasks
- Work closely with the team leads to continue to build a competitive, best-in-class European Energy & Sustainability policy team and offering; this entails coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Support the central marketing team in implementing the marketing strategy for the sustainability & chemical team
Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience in a relevant position within either a public affairs consultancy or in-house, trade association or European institutions
- Understanding of EU sustainability policy and chemicals are a plus
- Knowledge of the interaction between EU, international and national policy and the business impact that this can have on clients
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Effective time-management and ability to meet deadlines
- Drive to make an impact and work closely as a team
- Excellent project management, written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to support and develop junior team members
Application end date: 19th December 2021
What we Offer:
In addition to a competitive salary, your core benefits package will include:
- An annual performance-related bonus plus additional bonus potential linked to recruitment, new business and long service
- 20 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays) plus 5 discretionary days
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Group insurance, with 5% employer contribution
- Lunch vouchers
You’ll also have access to a wide range of opportunities and initiatives, including:
- Flexible working policies, plus eligibility to apply for a sabbatical after 2 years’ service
- Summer Fridays finish (3pm) – early Friday finish the rest of the year (4pm)
- The Hanover Academy, which incorporates training, coaching, mentoring and reverse-mentoring opportunities to support personal development and career progression across all levels, with a generous training budget
- International secondments as well as the opportunity to collaborate with all offices across the AVENIR GLOBAL’s network
- A wellbeing programme, featuring (but not limited to) pre- and post-maternity leave coaching, a working parents’ group, subsidised gym membership, LiveSmart sessions on mindfulness, sleep, etc.
- Our Culture Club, with a robust social calendar all year round, Trailblazer of the Month award, Lunch & Learns, CSR activities, and an opportunity to win an Out of Office activity fund
Hanover is an equal opportunities employer, committed to encouraging a balanced workforce within our company and the wider industry.
APPLY HERE: https://apply.workable.com/hanovercomms/j/9D35F03F62/apply/