Communications Policy Advisor
ABOUT EURO COOP
Euro Coop is the voice of the co-operative retailers in Europe, uniting the national associations of consumer co-operatives in 19 European countries, 14 of which in the EU. Together, they represent 7,000 local communities, employ 750,000 citizens, operate 94,000 points of sale and serve 30 million consumer-members daily. With a cumulative annual turnover of € 70 billion, our members rank as Europe’s second strongest retail force and the Continent’s largest retail network.
Our Secretariat is based in Brussels since 1957 and we represent our members’ interests within the EU policy process, while facilitating inter-member exchange. More information available on www.eurocoop.coop
Euro Coop is now looking for a full-time Communications Policy Advisor – a self-organised and proactive team player willing to shape and lead the Association’s communications activities.
- Design and develop a communication plan that fits the organisation’s overall strategy;
- Optimise and manage Euro Coop’s offline and online communication tools:
- Social media
- Monthly newsletters
- Lead our communication work in two EU Horizon 2020 projects and, potentially, in future ones;
- Ensure an effective implementation of Euro Coop’s visual identity;
- Produce content (monthly newsletters, press releases, reports and other publications) to be shared through existing communication tools, in co-ordination with other departments;
- Manage the graphic content of internal and external publications;
- Manage the internal COMM network with national member contacts;
- Manage the contact database and mailing lists;
- Grow our press relations and communications initiatives with other stakeholders;
- Liaise with external service providers and suppliers for activities related to communications, whenever these are outsourced (graphic designers, web developer, other);
- Monitor our communications’ effectiveness and propose improvements;
- Lead the communication activities around internal and external events; co-ordinate with and assist the team on shared tasks;
- In collaboration with the other colleagues, carry out specific communication activities, such as campaigns, publications and other.
- Education & Work Experience:
- B.A. (M.A. desirable) degree in the field of communications or other applicable;
- Ideally, between 3-5 years professional experience in the field;
- Proved experience in developing communication plans and strategies;
- Professional experience in EU-level member-based organisations is an asset;
- Grounded experience in specific web programmes (website content management systems).
- Excellence in English - written and oral; other EU languages (esp. French) an asset;
- Creativity for both written and visual outputs;
- Excellent analysis and synthesis skills; ability to convey complex issues to a range of audiences;
- Excellent computer literacy of the Office Package and knowledge of Information and Communications Technologies and tools;
- Development and maintenance of programmes for layout and presentation of documents;
- Ability to work independently, self-organise oneself and the operational tasks according to the strategic objectives set by the Association’s governance bodies and management;
- Knowledge of / passion for the policy remit: sustainability, health, food, consumers,
- co-operative distinctiveness, etc.;
- Ability to work with graphic design programmes is an asset.
- Available to travel when appropriate;
- Home office according to Belgian guidelines due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The person will be employed under the Belgian law as soon as possible.
Remuneration package to be discussed. The salary itself shall depend on previous experience and qualifications. Further benefits include, but not limited to, meal vouchers, eco-vouchers, mobile subscription, “company” laptop / mobile device, own office workstation, public transport subscription contribution, insurance, staff development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and cover letter to the e-mail address: email@example.com by 15 October 2021 with the specification “Communications Policy Advisor” in the subject line.
Interviews will take place online and (if conditions permit) in Brussels within October.
Starting date of interviews: 18 October 2021
Expected starting date: (no later than) 1 November 2021
this job offer is not open for applications