If you would like to build a career in research and evaluation of public policies relating to employment, education, health and skills, we may have the role you have been looking for. We are one of the leading providers of research and analysis on social policy issues to the institutions of the European Union.
As a Researcher in European social policy, you will contribute to our programme of work in this area, working with the team to deliver assignments that provide insight and advice to our clients about some of the most prominent social policy issues in the European Union. With your work, you will provide robust evidence and inform some of the most important policy decisions in the European Union.
We are looking for candidates who:
- have a relevant University degree and ideally two years of professional experience in policymaking, research, evaluation and statistics;
- have good knowledge of social policies and programmes at EU and Member State level, especially in the areas of employment, education, health and skills;
- can analyse qualitative and quantitative evidence and write clear analytical reports.
About the role:
- Contribute to comparative research and evaluation projects, using qualitative and quantitative research methods, under the supervision of a project manager;
- Participate in client meetings;
- Help to deliver project work within budget;
- Contribute to tenders and reports for the European Commission, governments, and other EU clients and help us grow the business;
- Collaborate closely with other project team members, and external partners and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in political science, public policy, social science or a related discipline;
- Around two years’ work experience in research and evaluation of EU policies and programmes in the areas of employment, education, health and skills;
- Business development experience, contributing to proposals;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills;
- Advanced computer user skills (Microsoft applications);
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Excellent oral and written English; fluency in at least one additional European language;
- Deep understanding of European policy-making process and EU Institutions;
- Highly developed, interpersonal skills and self-motivation;
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Experience with Excel essential; experience with NVIVO, SPSS, STATA, etc. an advantage.
If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world please apply now by sending your cv & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and encourage you to apply soon, as applications are reviewed daily.
this job offer is not open for applications