EuroHealthNet is a leading Partnership for improving health, equity and well-being, and consists of bodies responsible for public health and health promotion in EU Member States. From our office we co-ordinate research, policy, and capacity building activities to help improve health determinants and address health inequalities.
We have an enthusiastic and highly-skilled team of 13 people plus rotating internships, all of whom contribute to an active, diverse and dynamic work environment. You can read about our work on our Policy, Practice and Research Platforms at www.eurohealthnet.eu.
About the post
Reporting directly to the Senior Policy Coordinator, the Policy and Practice Officer will primarily support the Policy Platform and contribute to: a) Strengthening the capacity of EuroHealthNet members to benefit from and/or apply EU policy processes and instruments; b) serve as link with the Practice Platform to help turn EU policies into actions and facilitate an efficient exchange of good practice; c) encourage members’ participation in EuroHealthNet’s Policy and Practice activities and liaise with key Member State and EU-level stakeholders .
EuroHealthNet’s Policy Platform monitors and influences national and European policy relating to health, health equity, and the wider socio-economic issues which affect health and wellbeing (health determinants). It advocates for policies which are based on solid evidence and practice, and supports cross-sectorial and joined-up policy making. EuroHealthNet provides analysis of policy developments at European, national, and regional levels. The policy team monitors emerging national and European trends and data, to inform members in a timely fashion about forthcoming policy changes and opportunities to shape strategies and initiatives, helping them to effectively and proactively respond, react and implement activities in their respective contexts.
A successful applicant will be expected to:
1. contribute to health and social policy monitoring, with a particular emphasis on their relevance to health equity, identifying windows of opportunity for EuroHealthNet advocacy and action. You will follow and feed results and evidence from EuroHealthNet activities and Members practices into the EU policy process and ensure excellent and sustained visibility of EuroHealthNet’s related outputs and outcomes.
2. conduct background research and develop initial drafts of key Policy Platform content, such as policy briefings and factsheets. You will assist with responses to EU policy consultations and monitoring reforms and investments priorities with a focus on public health in the post-pandemic recovery period. Your role will be to support making that content attractive and relevant to targeted policymakers and other stakeholders.
3. Support the monitoring of funding opportunities across Commission DGs and beyond EU institutions, including foundations (working in close cooperation with Practice Coordinator) and contribute to the development of funding applications.
4. Help organise member engagement and learning opportunities, such as capacity building and participative workshops, trainings and webinars – in particular in bringing EU policy processes and instruments closer to members and vice versa - in close cooperation with the Senior Policy Coordinator and Practice Coordinator.
5. Support the communications work of EuroHealthNet where possible, including updating topical stakeholder lists, and helping to keep the Health Inequalities Portal up to date by identifying and uploading good practices, tools and publications.
6. Play an active part in working as part of the team on cross-cutting tasks including events participation, presentations, and liaise with relevant stakeholders, bid writing, fundraising and administration.
The following skills and experience are additional assets to your application:
This position is offered full-time for one year, with the possibility of obtaining a permanent contract afterwards. It will be offered according to Belgian national legislation.
Applicants should send an email to Renaud Rollet (email@example.com), with the following subject line: “Policy and Practice Officer vacancy”.
Please include the following two files as attachments (do not include any other attachments):
Please address the following questions in your motivation letter (within the 1-page limit):
Please note that applications that do not follow these instructions will be automatically disregarded.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 17 May 2021 (midnight). We plan to hold interviews (virtual) in late May, with the appointment to begin as soon as possible after that.
Thank you for your interest in EuroHealthNet!
Non for Profit (NGOs, Political Parties, etc.)