CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Membership, Outreach and Communication Team as a Communication and Media Officer.
CONCORD is the European Confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. We are made up of member organisations: 28 National Platforms, 25 International Networks and 4 Associate Members which together represent over 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy, funding and practice.
CONCORD is seeking an experienced Communication Officer who is a team player and innovative thinker, with experience in the civil society sector. The candidate should enjoy working in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
The candidate will join the Membership, Outreach and Communication Team, a team of engaged professionals who are committed to accelerating transformation towards a more equal and sustainable society.
The new Communication & Media Officer will implement CONCORD’s Communication Strategy together with our current communications colleagues. Our strategy sets out how our communications should adapt in line with our rapidly changing external environment with four main objectives: engage our audiences in who we are and what we do; challenge our own and our stakeholders’ perspectives; innovate in our ways of communicating and evolve the narrative of our sector.
Key areas of work and learning
– Manage our online presence;
– Bring and implement innovative ideas to communicate and engage with external/internal audiences on our work;
– Identify (social) media opportunities to communicate our key messages proactively;
– Build and maintain relationships with journalists and communication focal points of various institutions;
– Facilitate mutual learning and exchanges with communication experts from our Confederation;
– Create and oversee a wide-variety of communication outputs (e.g. newsletters, social media content, podcasts, articles and blog posts);
– Coordinate the design of our publications (e.g. annual report), which will include planning and taking care of layout, as well as liaising with designers and printers;
– Act as guardian of our branding and strengthen the public image of CONCORD;
– Maintain and implement a coherent editorial style and tone for our Confederation;
– Monitor the impact of communications actions and analyse results to continuously adapt our communications;
– Monitor emerging trends and ways to keep the organisation abreast of changes in digital communication;
– As part of the team, you will also be expected to support the organisation of certain events and activities, such as the General Assembly.
The successful candidate will understand and be committed to CONCORD’s vision and goals in addition to the following:
– Academic background or professional experience in communications, journalism, and the development and/or human rights sector;
– Knowledge of social media and online communication channels;
– Interest in and good knowledge of EU politics, policy-making and processes, including issues pertaining to sustainable development;
– Good understanding of how to influence EU processes and positions through communications;
– Competence with standard office software (e.g. Google Suite);
– Proficient in content creation and management software;
– Knowledge of English (C2 minimum) is required. Working knowledge of any other language is desirable.
– 5-6 years of professional experience (excluding student internships) in communication work, some of which must be in a civil society organisation; experience in a membership-based organisations is an asset;
– Experience in drafting and revising texts;
– Experience in publication and design;
– Experience in managing online communication tools such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, WordPress, Adobe on a daily basis;
– Campaigns background and public engagement experience would be a distinct asset as well as knowledge in some of the key areas of CONCORD work;
– Work experience in any other region of the world is also desirable.
– Creative and innovative thinker;
– Confidence and fluency in communicating and engaging with external audiences on CONCORD’s work;
– Excellent written and oral skills in English, or mother tongue;
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including tactful and effective facilitation skills to build consensus;
– Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively in coalitions;
– Good presentation skills applicable to both internal and external events;
– Team player, proactive, self-starter;
– Strong planning and organisational skills;
– Ability to prioritise while managing multiple projects simultaneously;
– Ability to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract: One-year full-time position (“CDD”) with the possibility of conversion to a permanent contract (“CDI”) on successful completion
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Gross salary: from €3190 per month, depending on experience
Other benefits: ‘thirteenth month’; holiday allowance; hospitalisation insurance; affiliation to pension scheme; meal vouchers and a monthly commuting allowance on local public transport or by bicycle.
The position reports to the Head of Membership, Outreach and Communication.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, please upload as one document the following information, in the portal below:
– A CV (max. 2 pages, no photo)
– A cover letter explaining your motivation as well as answering the following question: How do you see the role of communication in a member-led civil society network?
– A visual portfolio (e.g. past projects, graphics and/or audiovisual productions)
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted, and only candidates with 5+ years of experience and experience in the sector will be considered.
The closing date for applications is 20 June 2021 at midnight. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
A written exercise will be sent to all pre-selected candidates to be made on the 24 and 25 June. From this, candidates will be selected for the first round of interviews, which will take place on 5 July. The second round of interviews will be held on 8 July afternoon. The ideal starting date for this position is 23 August 2021.
No possibility for visa sponsorship. You should have a valid work permit to work in Belgium.
Please, be aware that to be selected for this position, you must have the right to legally work in Belgium at the time of submitting your application.
this job offer is not open for applications
Non for Profit (NGOs, Political Parties, etc.)
this job offer is not open for applications