The European Factories of the Future Research Association (EFFRA) is an industry-driven association promoting the development of new and clean technologies in the manufacturing industry. EFFRA cooperates closely with the European Commission in order to successfully implement manufacturing related projects which are part of the EU framework programmes on research and development.
EFFRA is currently looking for a Technical Manager.
Overall tasks of the EFFRA Technical Manager
- Monitoring, analysis and drafting of technical reports in the areas of technology, manufacturing, ICT, circularity and climate-neutrality.
- Preparing meetings, occasionally also moderating them.
- Regular exchanges with manufacturing and ICT companies, research institutes, European projects and the European Commission.
- Representing EFFRA during public meetings.
- University degree, either in Engineering, Science or Economics.
- At least 3 years previous responsibilities in similar positions.
- Experience with EU-R&D projects, or comparable project-work experience.
- Experience in community management or in an international environment.
- Interest in technology and innovation, clean-tech, ICT.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Good level of written and spoken English. Other languages are a plus.
- Solid experience in standard IT tools.
- Experience in an association or other membership-based organisation is an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A contract under Belgian law. Compensation according to experience and skills, plus fringe benefits.
- Full time position (part time can also be considered)
- Based in Brussels. The office is easily accessible by public transportation (5’ walk from Meiser/Diamant; 10’ from Montgomery), although due to Covid restrictions office presence at the moment is not requested.
- An international, dynamic and flexible working environment.
Please send your application to Caroline.Ashdown@effra.eu by 5.04.2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be invited to a video interview.
More information on EFFRA: www.effra.eu