The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) is recruiting a:
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Full-time (100%) position CDI
Deadline: Sunday 11 April 2021, 23:59
To start as soon as possible/late Spring
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis
Location: EPF Secretariat offices, 180 Chaussée d’Etterbeek, 1040 Brussels
The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) is one of the most prominent civil society organisations active in health policy at European level. EPF is the umbrella organisation of patient organisations across the EU and a driving force to advance patient empowerment and involvement in EU health policy debates. EPF’s vision is to ensure equitable access to high-level, patient-centred care for all patients in Europe.
EPF engages in policy advocacy and campaigning and participates in EU-funded projects. We organise educational and policy events, and capacity-building initiatives.
EPF was founded in 2003 and is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation with a secretariat based in Brussels. EPF currently represents 75 members, which are national coalitions of patient organisations and disease-specific patient organisations working at European level. We reflect the collective voice of the estimated 150 million patients living with various chronic diseases throughout Europe.
For more information see www.eu-patient.eu
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Director of Operations supports EPF’s Executive Director by coordinating the EPF Secretariat operations and delivery of the EPF work plan.
- Leading the organisation’s overall planning, financial management and operational resources development and management;
- Providing leadership and guidance to the team through effective objective-setting, delegation, and communication;
- Supervising the Senior Management Team HR responsibilities and implementation of internal processes;
- Conducting staff meetings to coordinate workflow and share information;
- Line managing, directly the Operations team.
Operations & financial management:
- In cooperation with the Executive Director and Senior Management Team, developing and implementing operational plans, policies and goals that further strategic objectives;
- Ensuring the delivery of the organisation’s work plan and when relevant the 5- year strategic plan;
- Liaise with the Senior Finance Officer and the accountant to support the development of financial plans supporting the effective implementation of the Work Plans;
- Acting as legal representative of the organisation towards Belgian authorities, providers and external stakeholders in liaison with the Board, the Head of Governance, Membership and Capacity Building and the Senior Finance Officer;
- Overseeing the efficient and effective day-to-day operations and finances of the organisation; designing and implementing policies and processes to ensure excellent operations (calls for tender, contract, reporting);
- Coordinate and support the organisation of the EPF multi-stakeholder Congress;
- Determines, with Senior Management Team, IT Coordinator and Senior Finance Officer equipment needs of the team by taking into consideration annual budget allocations.
Human resources planning and management:
- Leads the development and update of the organisation’s Human Resources policy in collaboration with the Executive Director;
- Supports the development of the IT policy in collaboration with the IT Coordinator;
- Works with the Senior management Team to develop job descriptions, hire competent personnel and oversee employee training and capacity building programs;
- Supervise the line management of the employees in line with the organisational chart and internal procedures;
- Develops and implement staff evaluations with the support of the Senior Management Team;
- Determining staff equipment needs of the team, taking into account annual budget allocations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in administration, business or related field/experience;
- Knowledge and at least 5 years’ experience of human resources management in Belgium;
- Proven experience of at least 3 years project and finance management;
- Proven experience of line-management and team leadership;
- Knowledge of the current challenges and opportunities relating to the environment and mission of the organisation;
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment;
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral skills and a collaborative management style;
- Fluent spoken and written English and French;
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Office suite.
- Experience of NGO work within the field of healthcare or related field in Belgium;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU Institutions;
- Knowledge of Flemish
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Solution-oriented and creative thinking attitude;
- Facilitation skills – ability to coordinate and solicit opinions and feedback from a group with diverse perspectives to reach a common, best solution;
- Demonstrable commitment to the vision and the mission of the European Patients’ Forum;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Motivational with leadership skills/ ability to lead a large team
- Executive Director
- Senior Management Team
- All team members
- EPF Board
- EPF member organisations
- External suppliers (including Belgian authorities)
- A friendly, dynamic, and multi-cultural team and international working environment
- An opportunity to gain hands-on experience on EU health policy and advocacy work working for a highly respected organisation
- A full-time, open ended contract (CDI)
- A monthly gross salary of between €4500-4800/month depending on experience, coupled with various benefits: lunch vouchers, end of year bonus, representation allowance, transportation offered in line with our internal policy, health care (hospitalisation and ambulatory care), pension insurance and Working from Home indemnity offered in line with our internal policy.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please submit an application via email, including a cover letter, CV in English and 2 references, to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: “Application for the position of Director of Operations”)
The deadline for applications is Sunday 11 April 2021, 23:59.
Please note that due to the volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
this job offer is not open for applications