Why work for GIGAEurope?
This is an opportunity to join one of the most dynamic industries within the digital ecosystem – the connectivity industry. And it gives you the chance to shape the organisation and propel its growth at what is truly the most exciting time to join GIGAEurope. You will be part of a team who is motivated to make a difference to the benefit of its members and a variety of external stakeholders. You will work in an international and dynamic environment on a wide diversity of European topics, while having the space for personal development.
Job purpose summary
Responsible for the development and implementation of the public policy strategy of the organisation.
- Prepare and advocate GIGAEurope’s views and work with political bodies, policymakers and non-governmental organisations on policy issues
- Enhance the organisation’s visibility, reputation and image as a strong and respected voice of the connectivity industry
- Build and maintain an extensive and active external network and support cooperation with representatives of the EU institutions and relevant industrial and trade organisations
- Monitor and report on policy and legislative processes to the members
- Identify topics and objectives for new policy studies to support specific public policy objectives
- Support digital communication by contributing to the organisation’s website, social media and newsletters
- Organise online and offline meetings with relevant external stakeholders and support events
- Lead efforts to coordinate public policy activities with the association’s members and external stakeholders
- Provide efficient and effective daily administrative office management
Skills and personality
- Law bachelor’s degree or master’s degree
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of the European regulatory framework and strong grasp of technology and business trends in the telecoms and media industry
- Ability to drive and manage policy files and regulatory engagement
- Excellent written and spoken English, other European languages desirable
- Keen interest in writing and ability to translate complex issues into accessible and compelling material
- Excellent communication, research and project management skills
- Result-oriented, proactive team-player with strong diplomatic and social skills
- Self-driven with a positive outlook, a clear focus on high quality, creativity and flexibility
- Independent and accountable
- Ability to juggle different tasks at the same time and to respect deadlines, able to respond to urgent issues when needed.
The contract will have an unlimited duration. The assignment will start as soon as possible. The gross salary is in line with that of a Brussels-based trade association, on the basis of a full-time job of 39 hours per week.
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Application: Public Policy Officer”, by 30th April 2021.
Job interviews will be organised on Teams/Zoom. The application process at GIGAEurope includes a background check regarding, but not limited to, employment, education and reference checks.
this job offer is not open for applications