Reports to: Research Director
Description of the Role
On behalf of our pan-European and global membership, AFME aims to provide industry insight and expertise to support the financial reform process and help ensure a clear understanding of how financial markets can meet the needs of the European economy in an increasingly competitive, globalised world.
AFME is a prime source of information and data content on European capital markets. On behalf of our member firms, AFME’s Research Division monitors and provides a comprehensive assessment of the latest trends in European capital markets.
Based in Brussels within AFME’s Research Team, the Research Intern will support in producing AFME’s research publications and other research policy-relevant assigned issues.
The AFME Research team provides analytical support across the organisation and the Research Intern will be involved in AFME’s research activities, in wholesale finance, across several policy divisions and product lines.
- This is a paid internship;
- Duration: 12 months;
- Tentative start date: May 2021.
Key accountabilities - Key activities/Decision areas
- Assist and take responsibility for in due course the production of AFME quarterly research publications. Contribute to automating production of reports and data aggregation processes;
- Contribute to improving data quality and close existing data gaps in European capital markets analysis;
- Contribute to producing AFME’s flagship report: Capital Markets Union – Key Performance Indicators, jointly with staff and other European trade associations;
- Assist in identifying analytical work required to support AFME’s Capital Markets projects. Such work may be both quantitative and qualitative in nature and will include research, data clean-up and analytics, modelling and production and analysis of surveys;
- Undertake quantitative analysis required to complete assigned Capital Markets research projects.
Dissemination of research publications
- Assist AFME members, employees and external stakeholders with data and analytical requests;
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to leverage the use of existing AFME research material;
- Contribute to improving the data reports coverage in European media outlets and refine distribution, targeting the relevant European audiences.
- Strong quantitative, database management and data mining skills;
- Technical rigour and attention to detail;
- An ability to work as part of a team, as well as with limited supervision, leading certain workstreams independently;
- Confidence and ability to deliver in the role quickly;
- Articulate, with strong writing skills;
- Strong self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, sharp intellect and high levels of energy;
- The ability to function effectively in a challenging, fast-paced and professional team environment.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to degree level in a subject with a strong quantitative element involving modelling and/or spreadsheet and database analysis;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Interest in research and capital markets;
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Some prior work experience is helpful, but not required;
- Interest in European policymaking;
- Fluency in another European language apart from English.
For more information please visit the AFME website, www.afme.eu or follow us on Twitter: @AFME_EU.
If you are interested in the above role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of AFME's Candidate Information Notice can be found on the company career page on www.afme.eu.
this job offer is not open for applications