We are recruiting a Membership & Capacity Building Officer. The successful candidate will work in the Internal Excellence Department and will report to the Membership & Capacity Building Director.
Members support & engagement
● Develop and implement the European Youth Forum Membership Strategy.
● Oversee and contribute to the overall communication and dialogue with Member Organisations.
● Provide guidance and support to the European Youth Forum in how to develop and engage members.
● Maintain a communication and coordination system with membership to further strengthen the platform’s advocacy work.
● Act as a point of contact for all members and prospective members for any membership-related question.
● Support the development of a framework to assess Member Organisations needs and update of their profile.
● Liaise with relevant Secretariat and Board members to ensure involvement and support to Member Organisations.
● Provide input & develop tools to ensure that we can offer our members opportunities for involvement in the Youth Forum’s work;
● Develop and implement capacity-building activities, tools and guidelines for Member Organisations, based on their needs and interests.
● Implement the European Youth Forum capacity building scheme to empower Member Organisations.
● Support the coordination and communication with the Pool of Experts and Trainers, and manage their assignments.
● Support the development of holistic training approaches for the Member Organisations, Board and Secretariat of the European Youth Forum.
● Write content for internal documents and external European Youth Forum publications and other communication channels.
● Draft documents, training concepts reports, work plans, concept notes, working and strategy papers.
● Assist with other projects provided by the European Youth Forum as necessary.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
● Previous experience in similar positions (working on membership support, and organising pedagogical activities for variety of groups)
● At least three years of experience in NGO work, particularly in a NGO network/platform and/or youth organisation.
● Experience and competences designing programmes and methodologies for activities and events involving a variety of stakeholders.
● Excellent networking skills and service-oriented with an enthusiasm for helping and supporting members answering their queries;
● Background experience in youth work, particularly in a youth organisation is a strong asset;
● Experience with working in a multicultural environment;
● Excellent understanding of the operations of networks of organisations and operating in a youth political environment;
● Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
● Ability to understand and identify opportunities in the European and global decision-making processes;
● Ability to lead projects, plan activities, organise events and manage related budget;
● Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project.
● Ability to work under pressure, manage a challenging workload and tight deadlines.
● Ability to master new technical and organization concepts and information.
● Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
● Excellent time-management and organisation skills.
● Excellent written - verbal and good digital communication skills.
● Advanced level in spoken and written English, knowledge of French is a strong asset and in any other EU language is appreciated..
● Computer literacy, with good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and Internet applications.
● Ability to travel and to work flexible hours and on weekends, when required;
● Ability to live in Belgium..
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
We offer a permanent and full time (35 hours per week) position. The gross monthly salary according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is between 2,754 and 2,922. A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available.
Candidates to this position should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including if required occasional weekends. This position being based in Brussels candidates from abroad should be willing to relocate..
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the European Youth Forum online recruitment system: http://recruitment.youthforum.org
How to apply with the online application system?
1. Create a user account: click on "Registration" and fill in your personal details.
2. Go to the "private area” and login with your username and password.
3. Click on the vacancy and apply.
4. Respond to our application questions and upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held within the first two weeks of March and the successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. All candidates are kindly requested to refrain from any phone inquiries.
All appointments should be made in a transparent way and comply with all relevant employment regulations. No job applicant or employee should receive less favorable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, gender identity, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
All applicants, whether EU or non-EU citizens, are considered equally. the Youth Forum welcomes all nationalities and will take any work permit request at its charge.
Any relevant volunteering experience is considered equal to any other professional experience.
Conflict of interest
All applicants should be informed and should inform the Youth Forum of any possible conflict of interest. Selected candidates should be aware that working and/or volunteering for a Member Organisation of the European Youth Forum, institutions, political parties or other representative civil society organisations at the European level might not be compatible with working at the Youth Forum.
this job offer is not open for applications
European Youth Forum
Non for Profit (NGOs, Political Parties, etc.)
this job offer is not open for applications