We are looking for a Senior Consultant in EU Digital Policy to join our team. The successful candidate will contribute to the research, evaluation and advisory work we carry out on digital policy for the European Commission, notably for DG CONNECT. There will also be opportunities to work on assignments for other parts of the European Commission and other ICF government clients.
We are interested in individuals who can demonstrate a real interest in EU Digital Policy combined with strong project management skills, business development skills, analytical skills and excellent report writing skills.
The position entails managing and contributing to projects around researching, development or review of public policies and programmes for our clients. You will be working on multiple projects at a time, interacting with all levels of ICF staff and external stakeholders.
We have established a strong track record in EU Digital Policy. The issues we work on range from regulation of internet platforms to cybersecurity, online safety to artificial intelligence. We are retained by the European Commission to provide evaluation and impact assessment services that support the development of EU policies under the Digital Single Market strategy. We are looking for a Senior Consultant to support our growth in these and related areas.
- Conduct research and evaluation projects in the field of digital policies, under supervision of a project director;
- Support project team on methodological aspects ensuring high-quality research and data collection activities;
- Manage day to day client relationships and escalate issues to project director;
- Assign work packages to project teams and quality assure their work;
- Deliver project work within budget;
- Conduct or oversee quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Lead on report-writing and presentations;
- Lead tenders and reports for the European Commission, governments, and other EU clients;
- Attend site visits and to client meetings;
- Collaborate closely with other project teams, and external partners and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in law, political science, public policy or a related discipline;
- 5 years of work experience within the context of the evaluation and/or impact assessments of EU digital policies, including experience with research projects for DG CONNECT;
- Strong thematic understanding of and interest in digital policies;
- Project management experience, including management of project teams;
- Business development experience, including leading or contributing to proposals;
- Understanding of financial reporting and metrics;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative evaluation and analytical skills (experience in impact assessments preferable);
- Advanced computer user skills (Microsoft applications);
- Exceptional writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills;
- Excellent oral and written English; fluency in at least one additional European language;
- Deep understanding of European policy making process and EU Institutions, experience of working for the European Commission an advantage;
- Highly developed, interpersonal skills and self-motivation;
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Additional requirements: Conduct or oversee quantitative analysis (experience with Excel essential; experience with SPSS, STATA, etc. an advantage).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across several countries;
- Sound research and business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information;
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and manage a varied workload to achieve agreed deadlines without compromising quality or standards;
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as clients and sub-contractors;
- Ability to build knowledge of the business and apply an understanding of ICF’s markets and capabilities to own day-to-day responsibilities;
- Ability to take initiative and work without close supervision;
- Ability to demonstrate a can-do approach, as a problem solver and team player.
Working at ICF:
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF - together for tomorrow.