EUROPA DONNA - The European Breast Cancer is seeking a new CEO/Executive Director to commence in Spring 2020.
As Europa Donna’s CEO of the past 22 years, Susan Knox, will retire in 2020, the President and Executive Board of Europa Donna are now seeking an experienced professional to lead the organisation into the future. The candidate will be multilingual, charismatic and have strong leadership skills. S/he will direct an experienced team based in Milan and will represent the organisation at the European level. S/he will build upon important relationships already established with collaborators around Europe. S/he will ensure Europa Donna’s continued financial stability and will work to achieve Europa Donna’s goals with integrity and high ethical standards.
Susan Knox is planning to retire in Spring 2020 after 22 years as Europa Donna’s Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director. ED’s Executive Board is now seeking a charismatic new person committed to leading the organization into the future. This individual must have imagination, energy, intellect, and excellent communication skills.
S/he will be:
- Responsible for managing Coalition staff of 4 in key areas of communications, information, development, policy, education, research, administration and finance;
- Responsible for all fund-raising sponsorship activities;
- Responsible for financial and legal oversight of organisation as delegated by the President;
- Responsible for governance, on-going Board relationships and communication, policy and programme development;
- Responsible for directing and overseeing the creation and implementation of short- and long-term strategic plans.
S/he will represent ED at all key conferences and meetings with all collaborators in the field of breast cancer across Europe and the world.
S/he will have:
- 12 or more years of professional experience with at least 3 years in a managerial position, preferably in a non-profit organization;
- A university degree;
- Experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral;
- Fluency in Italian language;
- Public presentation skills and experience;
- Knowledge of European health policy, and NGOs;
- Excellent negotiating and marketing skills;
- Ability to analyse and evaluate scientific research documents;
- Ability to synthesise technical scientific documents and communicate them in language for the lay public and patient advocates who are not scientists;
- Personal experience of breast cancer and/or scientific background helpful.
S/he will report to the President, Executive Board of Europa Donna – The European Breast Cancer Coalition.
What we offer:
Europa Donna – The European Breast Cancer Coalition offers a competitive salary and benefits based on experience.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week; some travel will be involved.
Contract: Italian “contratto commercio e terziario”, level quadro.
How to apply:
- Please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English, mentioning your earliest start date and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 January 2020 with the subject line “CEO/Executive Director”;
- Please note that applications will be reviewed by a search committee after 6 January 2020;
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age;
this job offer is not open for applications