About the European Greens:
The European Green Party brings together political parties that share our Green values and are active across the entire European continent. Among other things, our positions focus on strengthening human rights, tackling the climate crisis, creating good jobs, empowering young people and building a strong, democratic Europe.
About the new digital team:
At the European Greens we're growing our digital operation as ever more people (especially the young) turn to our social media channels and website to learn about our policies and engage with our party. We're looking for talented individuals to join our brand new digital team, which will shape how the party looks and feels on digital platforms.
The digital copywriter will be responsible for turning our political messages into compelling text (copy) that will attract people to our digital channels, particularly our website.
- Defining digital copywriting goals and building a strategy that will help achieve them.
- Maintaining an editorial calendar.
- Writing accessible and relatable copy for our digital channels that will attract target audiences to our website, with particular focus on web-pages (articles, blogs, interviews, et cetera) and emails (newsletters, email marketing, etc).
- Engaging our readers and motivating them to take action with us, such as signing up to a newsletter, registering to an event, donating to a cause, or voting in an election.
- Ensuring tone of voice consistency across our digital channels, while still adapting it to different platforms.
- Briefing graphic designers, animators and video makers on the multimedia content needed to complement your words on our website and emails.
- Driving traffic from our social channels and emails onto our website.
- Working with the digital team to review the impact of your work.
- Working with Green politicians and communication staffers across Europe.
- Monitoring what other EU political actors are saying on digital platforms.
- Native or near-native level of English.
- Good grasp of Green, European and global politics with strong political sensitivity.
- Excellent writing ability.
- Proven experience in producing copy for digital platforms.
- Good research and analytical skills to gain an accurate understanding of the subjects you are writing about.
- Fluency in emojis, memes, GIFs and pop culture references.
- The organisational ability to manage multiple projects, often on tight deadlines.
- Adherence to Green party values.
Not obligatory but would be considered an asset:
- A graduate of a Communications / Journalism / Creative Writing / Marketing / European Studies / Political Science degree.
- Previous work experience as a digital copywriter.
- Previous work experience within a political organisation, an international institution, a NGO or a campaign organisation focused on EU politics.
Apply for this job:
Send the following items to email@example.com while noting “Vacancy - Digital Copywriter” in the email subject-line.
- A CV.
- A cover letter.
- A sample of writing from your portfolio.
- A 250-word blog post / article (aligned with Green Party values) on a political topic of your choice. We’re looking for creativity!
- A tweet and a Facebook post to promote your blog post / article.
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday 14 December 2020. Should you need more information kindly contact our Digital Team Coordinator, Leigh Pisani, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The selected candidate will be hired on a full time (38 hours / week) indefinite contract with flexible working hours.
- An opportunity to learn and grow through professional training and development.
- An international working environment with passionate and progressive colleagues.
- The chance to be part of a movement that is advancing social justice, human rights, democracy, rule of law and the protection of our planet.
At the European Greens we value diversity and welcome applicants from any underrepresented ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation or age. Please indicate in your application if this applies to you and you feel comfortable saying so.
this job offer is not open for applications