About the European Greens:
The European Green Party brings together political parties that share our Green values and are active across the entire European continent. Among other things, our positions focus on strengthening human rights, tackling the climate crisis, creating good jobs, empowering young people and building a strong, democratic Europe.
About the new digital team:
At the European Greens we're growing our digital operation as ever more people (especially the young) turn to our social media channels and website to learn about our policies and engage with our party. We're looking for talented individuals to join our brand new digital team, which will shape how the party looks and feels on digital platforms.
The community manager will be responsible for growing and nurturing our digital communities, keeping track of conversations happening online (both on our own social media channels and beyond) and identifying opportunities for engagement.
○ Defining community management goals and building a strategy that will help achieve them.
○ Finding new people to engage with our party online, organising them into groups, and fostering a sense of community, trust and loyalty.
○ Conceptualising accessible, relatable and platform-specific content to target and communicate with our online communities.
○ Recruiting, training, and managing a network of volunteers who will moderate engagement on our social media channels and enforce community guidelines.
○ Compiling an encyclopedia of digestible Green policy positions to address FAQs on our digital channels.
○ Newsjacking - jumping onto breaking news stories and trends to add our voice to the conversation and get us noticed.
○ Monitoring engagement metrics and reporting learnings and insights back to the team.
○ Monitoring how people are engaging with other EU political actors on social media.
○ Native or near-native level of English.
○ Good grasp of Green, European and global politics with strong political sensitivity.
○ Excellent knowledge of social media channels and where different online communities can be found.
○ Fluency in emojis, memes, GIFs and pop culture references.
○ Great people-skills and a can-do attitude that will motivate and enthuse our online communities.
○ A news junkie who knows where to look for breaking news and trends.
○ Excellent listening skills to collect feedback from our community.
○ Ability to take quick decisions with sound judgment under pressure.
○ A “calm in an emergency” type of person.
○ The organisational ability to manage multiple projects, often on tight deadlines.
○ Adherence to Green party values.
Not obligatory but would be considered an asset:
○ A graduate of a Communications / Marketing / European Studies / Political Science degree.
○ Previous work experience as a community manager.
○ Previous work experience within a political organisation, an international institution, a NGO or a campaign organisation focused on EU politics.
Apply for this job:
Send the following items to email@example.com while noting “Vacancy - Community Manager” in the email subject-line.
○ A CV.
○ A cover letter.
○ Links to three different social media accounts that you love to follow, with a short paragraph explaining why.
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday 14 December 2020. Should you need more information kindly contact our Digital Team Coordinator, Leigh Pisani, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
○ The selected candidate will be hired on a full time (38 hours / week) indefinite contract with flexible working hours.
○ An opportunity to learn and grow through professional training and development.
○ An international working environment with passionate and progressive colleagues.
○ The chance to be part of a movement that is advancing social justice, human rights, democracy, rule of law and the protection of our planet.
At the European Greens we value diversity and welcome applicants from any underrepresented ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation or age. Please indicate in your application if this applies to you and you feel comfortable saying so.
Kindly note that this vacancy is not the same as the community manager vacancy recently advertised by our partners - the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament. If you are interested in both of our vacancies, you will need to apply to both separately.
The European Green Party works very closely with the Greens/EFA group. As a Europarty, it is the European Greens and our national Member Parties that run and contest the European elections. Once the elections are over, the elected Green candidates take up a seat in the Greens/EFA group as Members of the European Parliament.
this job offer is not open for applications
European Green Party
Non for Profit (NGOs, Political Parties, etc.)
this job offer is not open for applications