● About the European Greens:
The European Green Party brings together political parties that share our Green values and are active across the entire European continent. Among other things, our positions focus on strengthening human rights, tackling the climate crisis, creating good jobs, empowering young people and building a strong, democratic Europe.
● About the new digital team:
At the European Greens we're growing our digital operation as ever more people (especially the young) turn to our social media channels and website to learn about our policies and engage with our party. We're looking for talented individuals to join our brand new digital team, which will shape how the party looks and feels on digital platforms.
● Social media manager:
The social media manager will be responsible for administering our portfolio of social media channels, including the content published on these channels.
○ Is your finger-on-the-pulse of Green, European and global political developments?
○ Can you understand and absorb complex political messages and turn them into accessible and relatable social content that will shine on crowded timelines by thinking outside the box?
○ Do you keep up-to-date with pop culture and the latest digital and social media trends?
If you answer yes to all the above questions, we’d love to hear from you!
○ Defining social media goals and building a strategy that will help achieve them.
○ Maintaining an editorial calendar for social media posts.
○ Conceptualising accessible, relatable and platform-specific content.
○ Briefing graphic designers, animators and video makers on the multimedia content needed for social media posts.
○ Ensuring brand, visual identity and tone of voice consistency across all our social media channels.
○ Working with Green politicians and communication staffers across Europe.
○ Monitoring what other EU political actors are doing on social media.
○ Exploring new digital and social media trends.
○ Native or near-native level of English.
○ Good grasp of Green, European and global politics with strong political sensitivity.
○ Proven experience in producing content for social media platforms.
○ Excellent knowledge of social media channels and their best practices.
○ Fluency in emojis, memes, GIFs and pop culture references.
○ Ability to take quick decisions with sound judgment under pressure.
○ The organisational ability to manage multiple projects, often on tight deadlines.
○ Adherence to Green party values.
Not obligatory but would be considered an asset:
○ A graduate of a Communications / Marketing / European Studies / Political Science degree.
○ Previous work experience as a social media manager.
○ Previous work experience within a political organisation, an international institution, a NGO or a campaign organisation focused on EU politics.
○ Basic experience with multimedia design platforms.
● Apply for this job:
Send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org while noting “Vacancy - Social Media Manager” in the email subject-line.
○ A CV.
○ A cover letter.
○ Links to three social media posts you've created and published in the past.
○ A short-form video, maximum one minute long (e.g. Reel / TikTok), explaining why you should get the job - we’re looking for creativity! Kindly do not attach the video file to your email application but send it via WeTransfer and include the WeTransfer link in your email application.
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday 14 December 2020. Should you need more information kindly contact our Digital Team Coordinator, Leigh Pisani, on email@example.com.
● Our offer:
○ The selected candidate will be hired on a full time (38 hours / week) indefinite contract with flexible working hours.
○ An opportunity to learn and grow through professional training and development.
○ An international working environment with passionate and progressive colleagues.
○ The chance to be part of a movement that is advancing social justice, human rights, democracy, rule of law and the protection of our planet.
At the European Greens we value diversity and welcome applicants from any underrepresented ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation or age. Please indicate in your application if this applies to you and you feel comfortable saying so.
Kindly note that this vacancy is not the same as the social media manager vacancy recently advertised by our partners - the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament. If you are interested in both of our vacancies, you will need to apply to both separately.
The European Green Party works very closely with the Greens/EFA group. As a Europarty, it is the European Greens and our national Member Parties that run and contest the European elections. Once the elections are over, the elected Green candidates take up a seat in the Greens/EFA group as Members of the European Parliament.
European Green Party
Non for Profit (NGOs, Political Parties, etc.)