ADE is one of Europe’s leading evaluation consultancies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We support senior decision makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies.
Our areas of specialization include notably:
- Strategic and Impact Evaluations;
- Macro-Economic Reforms;
- Rural Development and Food Security;
- Development Finance and Private Sector Development;
- Conflict Resolution, Security, and Fragility.
Our Evaluation Department is focusing on Strategic Evaluations in these and other sectors, within the wider fields of Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid.
- Evaluation of the EU Cooperation with Tunisia (on-going);
- Evaluation of the EU Gender Policy in Humanitarian Aid (on-going);
- Evaluation of the UN World Food Program’s Strategy in Zimbabwe (on-going);
- Evaluation of Belgian Funding to International Climate Finance (on-going);
- Evaluation of the African Development Bank’s Strategy in Gabon (being completed);
- Evaluation of the EU Response to the Rohingya Crisis (being completed);
- Evaluation of the UN World Food Program’s Strategy in Lebanon (being completed);
- Evaluation of the EU Budget Support to Fragile Countries (2020);
- Study for the OECD on Core Concepts of Blended Finance & Evaluation (2020).
- Designing evaluation approaches and tools;
- Conducting interviews and data collection at headquarter level;
- Participating to field visits at country level (e.g. 2 one-week missions per year);
- Conducting quantitative & qualitative research and analysis;
- Drafting reports and present findings in client meetings;
- Managing teams and projects;
- Participating to tender processes and ADE’s wider internal and external activities.
Your skills and experience:
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience, possibly more;
- Masters or PhD, typically in analytical/logical fields (economics, sciences, philosophy, etc.);
- Outstanding analytical, research, and data collection skills;
- Strong writing and presentation skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Teamwork and leadership skills;
- Resistance to stress;
- Fluency in English and at least basic knowledge of French; knowledge of other languages would be an asset;
- A strong interest in evaluation of public policies;
- A strong interest in development cooperation, humanitarian aid, or development finance;
- EU nationality or work permit required.
- Conducting complex, strategic evaluations targeting senior decision-makers;
- Gaining experience across a range of different sectors, countries, and organizations;
- Working towards contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Working in line with ADE’s 4 main values: Excellence – Ethics – Entrepreneurial spirit – Team spirit;
- Developing your skills as a professional consultant;
- Joining a renowned consultancy, working for the EU, UN, and other major organizations;
- Joining an international team of highly qualified colleagues;
- Benefiting from a full salary package, with benefits such as a company car.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send a CV and 1-page cover letter in English to email@example.com by 6 December 2020 (and the sooner the better). We may process applications as soon as we receive them. Please indicate in your cover letter a possible starting date (also the sooner the better), as well as the channel through which you learned about this opportunity. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The selection procedure will be conducted in three phases, including a case study and a logical test.