The Communication and Event Manager will play a key role in supporting the implementation of the communication strategy of the association. She/He will participate to the development of the dissemination strategy and will be responsible for its deployment. Also, She/He will support the communication and dissemination activities of EU projects involving the association. She/He will be closely working with the Head of Communications and will be referring to her and to the General Secretary.
- Implement the dissemination strategy of the association, including the organisation of events and the development of campaigns at the EU, national and international levels;
- Contribute to the writing of the Communication and Dissemination workpackages of EU projects;
- Develop and implement the Communication and Dissemination plans of EU projects involving the association;
- Create visual content (schemes, presentations, videos) to promote CCU and increase the visibility of the association;
- Support the writing of the newsletters of the association as well as the newsletters of several EU projects;
- Update (and in some case support the creation of) the websites of the association and of related EU projects;
- Manage, together with the Head of Communications, the social media of the association and of related EU projects.
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Communication Studies and/or Public Relations;
- 2-5 years of professional experience in communication with expertise in event organisation, dissemination/social media strategy, press release and campaigning;
- Perfectly fluent in written and spoken English;
- Strong interest in climate change, sustainability and energy transition issues;
- Capacity to understand complex technological issues and transform them into communication material accessible to different audiences;
- Capacity to learn fast and to adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- Out-of-the-box thinker, proactive, organized, enthusiastic, independent and team worker;
- Expertise in community management & proficiency with web publishing tools.
- Expertise in graphical design, visual creation and video making. Experience working with EU and other national and international media;
- Experience working with EU institutions and international industry associations;
- Knowledge of any other European languages.
Contract and location
- The proposed contract is on a fulltime basis for a fixed duration of 4 years with the possibility to convert it to a permanent position after this period;
- The position is based in Brussels, but may entail some business travels within Europe. Flexibility in working time and place is required;
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
Visit our website and linkedIn and do not hesitate to contact Célia Sapart (Our Climate Expert and Head of Communications): firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply?
Please send your CV and motivation statement (letter, video, paper or any other original contribution you might think of to show your motivation) to email@example.com no later than the 6th of November 2020 with the title “Communication and Event Manager”. You need to have the right to work in the EU in order to apply.