As finance officer, you will be responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of EU-funded projects (mainly H2020 and AMIF) and service contracts that EUROCITIES works in.
You will work under the supervision of the finance manager at the EUROCITIES Brussels office.
In this role, you will:
- support the projects team with the financial management of EUROCITIES EU-funded projects
- prepare project financial reports on a regular basis
- monitor the budgets of EU grants and service contracts, including monitoring timesheets, staff costs and projects’ subcontracts
- help in the preparation of grant agreements and amendments when needed
- contribute in the preparation of administrative documents for new proposals
- train new staff members in financial management of EU grants
- prepare for internal or external audits
- improve internal financial procedures
You have :
- 2-3 years of experience in financial management
- excellent knowledge of European funding rules
- excellent organisational and planning skills
- C1 level in English, oral and written
- excellent communication skills
- good interpersonal skills for an international environment
- a problem-solving attitude, attention to detail, initiative and self-motivating
- knowledge of EU funding programmes is highly desirable
- knowledge in administration and bookkeeping
- good command of French; other languages an advantage
- An open-ended contract under Belgian legislation, in Brussels
- Salary according to profile and experience
- meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, public transport costs, 13th month, éco-chèques
- Eurocities recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some other benefit examples are:
- training opportunities and access to on-line trainings
- a dynamic international team
- a pleasant working environment
- flexible working and relaxed dress code
- part time teleworking.
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation, explicitly describing point by point their relevant experience and linking it to the requirements for this position, together with a CV with at least two referees by COB on Sunday 20 September 2020.
to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘Projects finance officer’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held remotely on Tuesday 29 September 2020.
this job offer is not open for applications