UITP (International Association of Public Transport) is a passionate champion of sustainable urban mobility and is the only worldwide network to bring together all public transport stakeholders and all sustainable transport modes. We have more than 1,700 member companies coming from 100 countries. Our members are public transport authorities and operators, policy decision-makers, research institutes and the public transport supply and service industry.
We are currently looking for a:
Senior Manager - UITP Academy
As Senior Manager, reporting to the Head of Academy, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of UITP’s training portfolio and for providing support for the business development of UITP Academy, including non-training activities (peer reviews, webinars etc.) delivered by UITP Academy.
This position implies a strong leadership in strengthening the RISE culture and caring management to generate the well-being of employees and the sustainable performance of the organisation.
You will be in charge of the following:
- Contribute to the business development of UITP Academy, by defining and implementing the training/Academy portfolio (particularly for European region) and strategy together with Senior director and clients/members/participants
- Defining content and course structure, selection of trainers, etc, making sure that the services offered correspond to market needs and expectations by continuously following and analyzing the market
- Negotiate contracts and business services with local hosts, partners and clients
- Be responsible for the Project management portfolio: planning, budget, procedures, resources etc. for approx. 28-30 classroom and/or online courses per year to be organized as open calendar or as in-house. This includes the management of eLearning programmes and webinars
- Implement, organize and deliver courses on site, including the supervision of the logistics, as well as the quality control of content and organization and an active participation (deliver and moderate) to the trainings (online and on site) sessions
- Methodology & knowledge management: coordinate with experts, develop workshops, support to PPT developments, trainer development etc.
- Support to training and business development of UITP Academy services, as well as when needed to the organization of peer review and other services of UITP Academy
- Manage the members of project teams according to the RISE values and with care to ensure its sustainable performance. This mainly consists in providing the employees with guidance, leadership and support, ensuring their development and well-being, while being responsible for enforcing corporate policies and procedures standards;
- Develop and Implement clear, efficient and inclusive processes which focuses on strengths, potentials and cultivates openness and the acceptance of constructive criticism;
- Create the conditions for fulfilment at work by promoting autonomy, engagement cooperation, belonging and creativity in a sustainable way. Identifies and promotes professional growth opportunities for staff;
- Set departmental and individual employee goals by recognising talents and putting them at the service of the department or the organisation and provides routine evaluations of progress toward these goals.
- Master degree or equivalent
- Experience in management of projects and specifically in training projects (5 years)
- Experience in designing the content of a Training Programme (5 years)
- Experience in business development and contract management (3 years)
- Experience in Public Transport, Urban Mobility is an asset
- Strong training skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Working experience with different countries and cultures
- Ability/ willingness to travel
- Excellent written and spoken English, other languages are an asset
- Good relational competences (sense of listening, empathy, ability to lead group discussion, teamwork, diplomacy)
- Service oriented, capability to work both in team but also autonomously with limited set of inputs
- IT literate
- Sense of initiative, problems solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Integrity and professionalism
UITP offers a real opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment with challenging activities and to contribute to the service and business excellence of an International organisation such as UITP.
Deadline for application: 25/9/2020
Starting date: ASAP
Info : www.uitp.org
this job offer is not open for applications