ADE is one of Europe’s leading consultancies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We support senior decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies.
Our areas of specialisation include notably:
- Agriculture, Rural development and Environment,
- Regional development
- Evaluation (cross-cutting)
- Macro-Economic Reforms and Public finance
- Development Finance and Private Sector Development
- Strategic and Impact Evaluations, and monitoring
Clients include the European Commission (DG Agri and various other Directorates-General), EU Member States’ National or Regional Ministries of Agriculture, but also cooperation agencies (France, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Netherlands…), the African Development Bank, the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3IE), ministries in third countries, and others.
We are currently looking for a senior high level expert in the Common Agricultural Policy, to support networking activities linked to CAP analysis and performance measurement.
Who we are looking for:
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Agronomics or Economics;
- Extensive knowledge of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) (at least 10 years) both of the first pillar (mainly direct payments), the second pillar (rural development) and its evaluation
- In depth understanding of evaluation of RDP’s net effects, both in quantitative and qualitative approaches and counterfactual analysis
- A solid understanding of the monitoring and evaluation framework of the CAP
- Excellent Leadership skills and proven capacity in Team management
- Good stress-resistance and ability to work independently;
- Excellent problem-solving ability;
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English written and oral; knowledge of two other EU languages (French/German/Italian/Polish/Spanish).
What you will do:
- Lead the core team of the CAP analysis and performance measurement support to the European Commission;
- Assist the European Commission and MS, in particular about CAP performance measurement and analysis;
- Manage a team of experts supporting the guidance and evaluation studies and support;
- Closely liaise with the European Commission (DG AGRI) as coordinator of the project.
The proposed job is located in Brussels, next to the European Commission. It presents a unique opportunity to actively support monitoring and evaluation of CAP implementation aligned with the Green Deal. This high-level job requires technical, managerial and political skills.
What we offer:
- A long term contract either as independent or as full staff position.
- A full salary package including numerous legal advantages (pension scheme, lunch vouchers, public transport allowance, travel insurance, company car, etc.).
- Work in a highly motivated and skilled team with relevant back-office support.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application in English (covering letter and CV) to Laurence Quintens, firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 August 2020. We may process applications as soon as we receive them.
this job offer is not open for applications