ERCST is seeking an intern (Junior researcher) for 9 months starting early September 2020, possibly extendible beyond this period as a Researcher.
- Carry out research activities for ERCST’s main work streams such as the European Green Deal, the EU 2030 framework for climate and energy policies, the EU ETS, Border Carbon Adjustments, Just Transition, and the Paris Agreement and its implementation;
- Research and draft background materials on the above-mentioned topics, and other topics related to climate and energy policies;
- Communication activities, including website and social media management;
- Maintain liaison with stakeholders such as business associations, environmental NGOs, etc;
- Provide general administrative support, including helping to organise meetings;
- Provide support to the director of the European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition.
Skills and Requirements
- (Educational) background in (environmental) economics, international relations, or similar – a good understanding of economics is important;
- Interest in climate and energy policy and politics - existing knowledge of climate change policy and market approaches to climate change is desirable;
- Experience or willingness to learn website and social media management;
- Native speaker standard of English - proficiency in other languages will be considered an advantage;
- Be well-organised and able to pay attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a demanding environment, take initiative and solve problems while under pressure;
- Ability to internalise substantial amounts of (new) materials and think laterally;
- Authorisation to work in Belgium.
this job offer is not open for applications