The European People’s Party (EPP) is currently recruiting a PRESS ADVISOR (m/f) for its headquarters in Brussels.
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of the EPP press strategy;
- Daily press relations and networking with journalists based in Brussels and in the Member States to identify opportunities and secure immediate and long-term media coverage;
- Management of press and interviews requests;
- Development of high quality content for media;
- Organisation of press events, including press conferences and other press activities;
- Supervision of press practicalities for EPP Congresses, Summits and other events;
- Coordination and liaison with the media advisors of the EPP President and EPP Secretary General;
- Coordination and liaison with the EPP Communication, Social media and Marketing Department.
Potential candidates will need the following requirements:
- Proven journalistic professional experience in print, online or broadcast media or in similar functions as advertised;
- Active network of press contacts;
- University degree in the field of journalism, communication or political science;
- Understanding of and a strong interest in international politics and political parties of the centre-right;
- Fundamental understanding of the European institutions;
- Capacity for teamwork in a multinational environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with strict deadlines;
- Flexibility over working hours;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Tact and discretion;
- Reliability and honesty;
- Project management skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of other EU languages will be considered as a strong asset.
The EPP pays a competitive salary according to Belgian legislation and Social Security. Additional benefits will be provided in the package.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com by 15 August 2020, addressed to EPP HR Department.