We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and dynamic Communications Officer to cover a maternity leave of our colleague.
Application deadline is Wednesday, 15 July 2020. Please send your CV (maximum 2 pages) and motivation letter (maximum 1 page) to juris.lavrikovs (at) socialplatform.org. Interviews will be held on Monday, 27 July 2020.
Starting date: 1 September 2020
Duration of position: Six months (September 2020 – February 2021)
Reports to: Communications and Development Coordinator
We are looking for a professional communicator to cover the maternity leave of our Communications and Media officer. You will be responsible for Social Platform’s communications with different target audiences, including members, decision makers, journalists, funders and the public. You will support other employees and management on communications tasks, and use written and verbal skills to create a wide range of products. By communicating effectively with our target audiences, you will help to help to continue building a positive reputation for Social Platform.
- Execute and monitor Social Platform’s communications and report on results and impact;
- Write and/or edit various types of Social Platform content (speeches, position papers and briefings, articles, website content, publications etc) to ensure consistent style and tone;
- Contribute to the creation, editing, management and monitoring of Social Platform information and communications tools (website, Twitter, Facebook, newsletter, specific publications, information packs, exhibitions and other media as appropriate);
- Design Social Platform outreach materials (infographics, invitations, posters, campaign materials);
- Develop audio-visual content;
- Keep out website up-to-date and attractive for its different audiences (our members, general public, EU stakeholders);
- Supporting maintenance of our social media channels.
Media relations and relations with hey stakeholders:
- Screen media coverage of policy areas Social Platform is working on;
- Draft media releases, opinion pieces and articles on our advocacy actions to secure regular positive coverage for the organisation in the media;
- Maintain and update our database of journalists and media outlets.
Communications capacity of Social Platform:
- Maintain the running of the Communications Network, the grouping of communications officers of Social Platform’s member organisations;
- Contribute to bring a communications dimension to Social Platform’s strategies discussions, advocacy, and capacity building work.
Event planning and other:
- Contribute to organisation of Social Platform events;
- Undertake other tasks at the request of the Communications and development Coordinator according to the needs of Social Platform.
- Fluency in English;
- At least 2 years of work experience in communications and media relations;
- Knowledge of NGO sector and commitment to Social Platform’s values;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills;
- Experience of implementing communications and media strategies, delivering media coverage and raising visibility of an organisation;
- Strategic mind with creative ideas and proactive;
- Experience of managing organisational websites and social media profiles;
- Knowledge of key EU media;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Experience of Adobe package, WordPress, Piktochart, Mailchimp, html;
- Experience in designing, producing and editing publications, working with designer/printers;
- Knowledge of branding/visual identity.
What we offer:
- Be part of network that is actively working to achieve positive social change;
- Salary according to the wage scale of Social Platform: 2,200€ gross/month + benefits;
- Staring date: 1 September 2020;
- Contract: Social Platform offers an employment contract under Belgian law based on 37.
this job offer is not open for applications