acumen public affairs (www.acumen-publicaffairs.com) is an independent consultancy that combines the very best of big agency experience within a sharing and friendly environment. The twenty-five person strong Acumen team have an impressive track record in public affairs and strategic communications gained from working for corporations, governments, trade associations, NGOs and international institutions in Brussels, Geneva and beyond.
As Acumen has been growing fast, we are currently looking for an “Accounting Administrative Assistant”. •
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: long-term contract, part or full time.
- Support the part-time Office Manager, so that she can focus on Human Resources
- Work closely with Management to ensure the smooth running of the office
- Provide admin support to the whole team
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
The Accounting Administrative Assistant will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Issue invoices on a monthly basis
- Manage the time tracking software
- Process and track payments and staff expenses
- Assist with financial reporting
- Undertake filing, document creation and management as required
- Ensure office resources are maintained and stocked appropriately
- Be the first port of call for IT issues and other issues
- Organise meetings, register staff members for events
- Arrange travel as required for team members
- Reception duties Support on communication (optional)
- Help ensure that the Acumen website and social media tools are regularly updated.
- Assist in mailings / e-mailings / presentations for clients and prospects
- Potentially support on event organisation (e.g. annual cocktail party) and staff social events
- EU-national or work-permit holder
- Reliable, proactive, flexible, can-do attitude, team-player, yet able to work independently
- Background: relevant experience as a bookkeeper/executive secretary OR university degree in business management/translation
- Very good command of English (both spoken & written as it is our working language) & French. Dutch would be an asset.
- Advanced MS Office user, especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Very organized and detail-oriented
- Multi-tasker and able to face tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and dynamic environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Interesting work in a multicultural environment (international team of 25 people) where you will work directly with some top professionals
- Insight into EU politics and the work of a Brussels based agency
- Salary: based on experience.
CONTACT: Please send your CV with a short cover letter (1 page maximum) to email@example.com. Applications are welcome immediately & by November 5th at the latest. Please make sure you indicate clearly as of when you are available.
NB: We are interested in talented people who are interested in us. In your application, please take the time to explore what added value your unique personality and competences could bring to us. Untailored applications or candidates that do not have the required skills and experience will not be taken into account.
this job offer is not open for applications