MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Vulnerability Officer - interim support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta, HQ.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The Vulnerability Officer is part of the Quality Procedures and Tools sectors (QPTS) at the EUAA Centre for Operational support (C1). He/she works under the direct supervision of QPTS Coordinator for Reception, reporting to the Head of Sector.
The main objectives of the sector are the following:
- Contribute to mainstreaming vulnerability across asylum and reception related contents, in line with CEAS, across the Agency operations, from inception phase to exit strategy;
- Contribute to ensuring a harmonized implementation of the EUAA vulnerability-related methodologies and tools;
- Support Operations in designing operational tools based on country-specific needs and in line with the EUAA key methodological principles;
- The duty station of the Vulnerability Officer is the headquarter of the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA) in Malta.
The vulnerability officer will be asked to travel for mission purposes.
- Support the preparation/facilitation of Thematic Horizontal Exchanges across Operations;
- Support the preparation/facilitation of thematic workshops concerning vulnerability related matters for EUAA Operations;
- Follow-up of the implementation of the vulnerability components of the ongoing EUAA Operating Plans in EU+ MS ;
- Act as a QPTS focal point for vulnerability related matters for certain ongoing operations;
- Advise the operational teams on vulnerability-related matters
- Draft SOPs/work instructions/guidance/reports;
- Liaise between other centres (C2 and C3) and C1 on vulnerability-related matters;
- Perform any other task in the interest of the sector.
- A completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma;
- University degree is required, preferably in the fields of social work, psychology, law and public administration;
- Proven experience of at least 3 years in the field of reception and vulnerability of asylum seekers
- Knowledge of Common European Asylum System - CEAS
- Thorough Knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL);
- Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, use of internet and web-based applications;
- Professional experience in working in an international environment;
- Flexibility to undertake regular missions in different EU+ MS
- Analytical skills and ability to assess data and analyse information;
- Drafting reports, complex documents
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish multiple tasks;
- Good communication skills and well developed interpersonal skills;
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Accuracy and attention to details;
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €42,853.80 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Sunday 31st of December 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.